Corsair H100i broke?

Go to solution Solved by Presmo,

Did you put thermal paste on the cpu?

I should of did this last night when it happened and took pics... 

I mounted my H100i in the front of new Define S and set Corsair SP fans to Pull. Pump is plugged in CPT FAN on Motherboard. Last night I was downloading Battle Front and my CPU temp went above 86. I turned up all fans to 100% and 20 minutes it still was in the red.. Opened a window for an hour cause it was 20* out and moved case to windowsill and it took almost 2 hours for CPU to go down to 30's

Is my AIO broke? Should I put the pump in CPU OPT header? Move it back to top exhaust? 

reason for mounting in front was to seal off top panels so no more dust or cat hair gets inside case. 3 fans in front, one 140mm rear exhaust. 

I should of did this last night when it happened and took pics... 

I mounted my H100i in the front of new Define S and set Corsair SP fans to Pull. Pump is plugged in CPT FAN on Motherboard. Last night I was downloading Battle Front and my CPU temp went above 86. I turned up all fans to 100% and 20 minutes it still was in the red.. Opened a window for an hour cause it was 20* out and moved case to windowsill and it took almost 2 hours for CPU to go down to 30's

Is my AIO broke? Should I put the pump in CPU OPT header? Move it back to top exhaust? 

reason for mounting in front was to seal off top panels so no more dust or cat hair gets inside case. 3 fans in front, one 140mm rear exhaust. 

You are supposed to put the pum into cpu fan but I don't see how would that help, maybe in moving the water,  and also, did you put the thermal paste back or reapplied it

Yes I applied paste. Did the grain of rice method. Used some thermaltake type I had laying around

Put the pump cable to CPU FAN, it might be the issue

yep was the thermal paste all along... rad could work still... put on stock intel heat sink until I buy a new AIO or go for custom loop...

have 3xs 140mm fans in from of case now and one in rear. should be plenty of air flowing in

yep was the thermal paste all along... rad could work still... put on stock intel heat sink until I buy a new AIO or go for custom loop...

have 3xs 140mm fans in from of case now and one in rear. should be plenty of air flowing in

Why buy another aio? Can't you just clean the paste and reapply it better?

Why buy another aio? Can't you just clean the paste and reapply it better?

true I was thinking that and just grab better paste. the DEEPCOOL one does look pretty sweet though.

with the Corsair, I set all 4 colors to red and it always turns to pink or blue for some reason... I have saved the profile many times over the year and 3 different builds the rad was in...

either way I am not too thrilled about my system idling at 40 with stock heatsink since its OC'd to 4.4 I like the 32-34 static temps even though Intel makes these chips every generation to better withstand heat as per google.

true I was thinking that and just grab better paste. the DEEPCOOL one does look pretty sweet though.

with the Corsair, I set all 4 colors to red and it always turns to pink or blue for some reason... I have saved the profile many times over the year and 3 different builds the rad was in...

either way I am not too thrilled about my system idling at 40 with stock heatsink since its OC'd to 4.4 I like the 32-34 static temps even though Intel makes these chips every generation to better withstand heat as per google.

Paying for coloured thermal paste is the most stupid thing you can do lol

what are you talking about? I used THermaltake paste I had. the color of the Corsair pump changes colors

erm ok