Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor "HD Content"

crispybagel

Hi, i bought shadow of mordor off the steam sale and i my friend told me there was a HD Content pack available for FREE download at Steam. I checked it up and read an article about the requirements for running this HD content. It says the following.

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz 
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: DirectX 11 compatible NVIDIA or AMD video card with at least 6GB of RAM and the latest drivers. 
    • DirectX: Version 11 
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection 

I'm running 2 MSI 980 4G's in SLI @1440p 60Hz. Will i be able to run the pack without fps problems?

so what ?

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Hi, i bought shadow of mordor off the steam sale and i my friend told me there was a HD Content pack available for FREE download at Steam. I checked it up and read an article about the requirements for running this HD content.

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz 
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: DirectX 11 compatible NVIDIA or AMD video card with at least 6GB of RAM and the latest drivers. 
    • DirectX: Version 11 
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection 
    • Storage: 40 GB available space

So? I see this is your first post, I hope you don't plan on reporting every free dlc you stumble across. And just so you know you don't need 6gb of ram to run the hd textures. I run it fine with 3gb, it overflows to my system ram  is all. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

The 6GB requirement is a load of bs, I run it at 4k with textures maxed out on 4gb and I don't have any vram related issues. (before you ask, yes, other settings are turned down, but the big hitter and frankly the one that actually matters is texture resolution).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So? I see this is your first post, I hope you don't plan on reporting every free dlc you stumble across. And just so you know you don't need 6gb of ram to run the hd textures. I run it fine with 3gb, it overflows to my system ram  is all. 

reporting? i was kindly asking if any1 knew if the requirements they put up was legitimate. no need to be a douche...

The 6GB requirement is a load of bs, I run it at 4k with textures maxed out on 4gb and I don't have any vram related issues. (before you ask, yes, other settings are turned down, but the big hitter and frankly the one that actually matters is texture resolution).

Ok, thanks.

reporting? i was kindly asking if any1 knew if the requirements they put up was legitimate. no need to be a douche...

The part he quoted didn't contain any question, did you add it later through an edit?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yes, about 15 seconds after i posted.

That isn't my fault. And despite not asking the question before I saw it I still answered your question but report me if you will. I don't mean to sound rude, but before there was a question in it the post seemed completely unnecessary. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Yes, about 15 seconds after i posted.

there you go, incident solved.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That isn't my fault. And despite not asking the question before I saw it I still answered your question but report me if you will. I don't mean to sound rude, but before there was a question in it the post seemed completely unnecessary. 

Ofc not going to report you, was mistaken by your post. I was confused since people were being a bit harsh after such a basic question, but then again if you answered before i edited i see why the post would be unnecessary.

yes you'll be able to run it fine.  i ran it with a 2GB 750ti, it struggled, but it was playable. basically what the dlc does, is allow the ultra settings to actually do something. without it, when you set it to ultra, itll display very high instead. if nothing else, install it and see what happens, if you cant run it, turn the graphics back down to very high

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.