Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Corsair k70 in Browns... I'm actually scared to try a new keyboard, I just love this one so much

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K  | Motherboard Asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 1 | RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866mhz | GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 980 w/ ACX 2.0 | Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window | Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB |  PSU Corsiar RM750 | Display(s) Some Acer Things | Cooling Corsair H100i + 5x Noctua NF-F12 industrial 120mm fans(they are freaking load) | Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95 |  Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound Audio-Technica AD900x + 02+ODAC +AT2020 | OS Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 

A couple of days ago I finally got my hands on a set of DSA Dolch keycaps in an ANSI layout.

I'm from Denmark and therefore, unfortunately in this situation, I use an ISO layout.

I haven't been able to find any ISO and nordic add-on set for the DSA Dolch, which is a shame as I don't think the keyboard will look near as nice if it isn't complete.

Even though I haven't found any ISO and nordic keycaps for the DSA Dolch keyset yet I'll keep on searching.

Do you guys happen to know where I can buy these, new or second-hand, it doesn't really matter.

Because of that I'm actually considering to acquire a new keyboard, with an ANSI layout. The keyboard I had in mind is a Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 TKL w/Cherry MX Blues.

The reason I'm even considering to get an ANSI keyboard is that I just started to study software engineering and most of out courses are in English and the code is of course made in English and they never contain the special Danish/Nordic symbols like æ,ø and å.

What do you guys think of this backup plan?

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

A couple of days ago I finally got my hands on a set of DSA Dolch keycaps in an ANSI layout.

I'm from Denmark and therefore, unfortunately in this situation, I use an ISO layout.

I haven't been able to find any ISO and nordic add-on set for the DSA Dolch, which is a shame as I don't think the keyboard will look near as nice if it isn't complete.

Even though I haven't found any ISO and nordic keycaps for the DSA Dolch keyset yet I'll keep on searching.

Do you guys happen to know where I can buy these, new or second-hand, it doesn't really matter.

Because of that I'm actually considering to acquire a new keyboard, with an ANSI layout. The keyboard I had in mind is a Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 TKL w/Cherry MX Blues.

The reason I'm even considering to get an ANSI keyboard is that I just started to study software engineering and most of out courses are in English and the code is of course made in English and they never contain the special Danish/Nordic symbols like æ,ø and å.

What do you guys think of this backup plan?

In my opinion you can't go wrong with a Filco MJ2.  I love them, and own more of them then I should.

In my opinion you can't go wrong with a Filco MJ2.  I love them, and own more of them then I should.

I'm completely in love with the Filco MJ2. The clean look, the subtle "filco" logo and the Ninja keycaps for a stealthy look.  :wub:

What do you think of the idea of using a different layout for one task, coding, programming and software work in general.

Today we actually got told that you should stick to the a-z alphabet.

Went to the tech mall today, knew I was making a mistake, and came back with my second Novatouch and a HyperX Cloud Pro Gaming headset......

20140910_163008_zps68166266.jpg

A pic of my two Novatouch keyboards, awaiting my Beumble Bee set....

20140910_163141_zpsd4f5417e.jpg

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

So you have two of the exact same keyboard? O.o

You must really like it!

Always been a Topre guy, the Novatouch has that Topre feel, though the stock key caps give it a slightly higher pitch thock, it still sound good to me. I've heard replacing stock caps with high quality thick PBT's enhances the feel and sound. Keeping an eye out for such PBT key caps. Meanwhile, I'll use this keyboard with stock key caps for now, when I get the Bumble Bee set, I'll post a pic of my Novatouch with the Bumble Bee key set.....gonna look freaking awesome! :D

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Always been a Topre guy, the Novatouch has that Topre feel, though the stock key caps give it a slightly higher pitch thock, it still sound good to me. I've heard replacing stock caps with high quality thick PBT's enhances the feel and sound. Keeping an eye out for such PBT key caps. Meanwhile, I'll use this keyboard with stock key caps for now, when I get the Bumble Bee set, I'll post a pic of my Novatouch with the Bumble Bee key set.....gonna look freaking awesome! :D

I want to try a topre keyboard at some point, especially the HHKB but I think it's close to impossible to get the HHKB here in Denmark or in Europe even.

And if I'm going to spend a lot of money on a keyboard it has to be good looking and I don't think there's too many topre keyboard that does.

I can't think of any other good looking topre than the HHKB and the Novatouch on top of my head.

Corsair k70 in Browns... I'm actually scared to try a new keyboard, I just love this one so much

I just bought this keyboard, how is it?

I want to try a topre keyboard at some point, especially the HHKB but I think it's close to impossible to get the HHKB here in Denmark or in Europe even.

And if I'm going to spend a lot of money on a keyboard it has to be good looking and I don't think there's too many topre keyboard that does.

I can't think of any other good looking topre than the HHKB and the Novatouch on top of my head.

I think the HHKB looks nice, but I'm not a fan of the layout (probably because I've never used it)

I'm sure I will break down and buy one some day though.

What you guys think is better Steelseries 6Gv2 or Tt eSports Meka G1?

I'd go with the Meka G1. The short right shift on the 6Gv2 would bug the hell out of me.

What sort of layout do you normally use, ISO or ANSI?

And are you sure what switch type you want?

If you aren't I would highly recommend you to get a sampler kit and try out the different switches.

When I was looking for my first mechanical keyboard I was certain I'd get one with Cherry MX Blues, but after I got my hands on a sampler kit I completely changed my mind and went with Browns.

I've owned a SteelSeries 6gv2, my signature might say I still own one but I just sold it to my younger brother, with Cherry MX Blacks.

It's a solid keyboard and if you like Cherry MX Blacks, then it might be something for you.

The reason I say 'might' is because of the layout. It takes some time to adjust to it, but that shouldn't take more than a week or so, at least if you're coming from an ISO layout.

If you know that you might want to customize your keyboard down the road, then it might not be something for you as I only know one complete keycap set for the 6gv2.

I'm running a ducky shine 3 TKL, with brown switches, I used to have a Razor blackwidow 2011, in blue, but the Ducky is so much better. Very smooth keys, nothing feels tacky, works great for gaming and typing. Being a student the TKL makes life alot easier when I have to travel, or if you have small arms :)

I got my ducky dk2108s zero blue led, mx red switch keyboard a few hours ago, and wow... this thing is pure awesomesauce!

I thought Slick was just being a hipster about these but I decided to give it a try and im hooked now! =D

Finally had some free time, rummaged thru my storeroom and found the keyset I was looking for, plugged them onto my second Novatouch....eh, pardon the bad camera angles/shots, I suck at it. :(

Anyway, I finally found some use for the Sanctuary keyset..... :D

20140912_121035_zps4ff9fcb5.jpg

20140912_121206_zps31a9b0eb.jpg

That Miami set though, it's so different and yet so sexy! :D

Heh, I feel like playing the theme from Miami Vice whenever I use it.... :D