Do windows keys stick to one motherboard, when another is activated with the same key?

XzzDSA

Title says it all pretty much.

But to clerify:
I'd like to know wether or not I have a limited amount of motherboards/pc's I can activate with my product key, if it moves automaticly to the new mobo/pc, or/and if I can manage product keys in some way, shape or form.

Thanks! :)

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

Usually one license per license lol.

EDIT: Ther is to say that if e.g you reinstall or scrap your old PC you can reuse your license since the old PC will be no longer existant.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Title says it all pretty much.

But to clerify:

I'd like to know wether or not I have a limited amount of motherboards/pc's I can activate with my product key, if it moves automaticly to the new mobo/pc, or/and if I can manage product keys in some way, shape or form.

Thanks! :)

well when I re installed windows 10 on my computer, because i auto detected the motherboard which the key is linked to. The key is different then my original one.

Usually one license per license lol.

EDIT: Ther is to say that if e.g you reinstall or scrap your old PC you can reuse your license since the old PC will be no longer existant.

But how come microsoft would recognise that an old motherboard is no longer in use? I mean, might as well be turned off.

Just trying to understand how this works and if I will run into problems in the future when reinstalling windows 10.

To be fair though, I've never personally had any problems with reinstalling with the same key over and over. I have this key activated on 3 or 4 different pc's though and they are all running fine.

- Cool right?

To my understanding Retail Licences can be transferred from computer to computer. You can only install them on one machine at a time. 

OEM licenses are locked to the motherboard. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

If you ever need your licenses, just call microsoft and say that your computer crashed. In the windows "box" there will be your key and some other key probely, or something else that you need to say to microsoft if you call! :D

Have used this trick for a long time! :D

If you ever need your licenses, just call microsoft and say that your computer crashed. In the windows "box" there will be your key and some other key probely, or something else that you need to say to microsoft if you call! :D

Have used this trick for a long time! :D

Alright good to know, thanks! :)

- Cool right?