Cities Skylines issue

Ankit8879
Go to solution Solved by ben dover kid,

I have experiencing some issues with cities skylines lately, my fps doesn't cross 30 mark at all, it just sits there at 30fps even in a region with no city built nothing. I also tried lowering all settings and disabling all mods, but nothing changes.

My PC specs are - 

i5 4460

8gb DDR3 ram

gtx 960 4gb 

Please help !!!

that sounds like vsynch put to half refresh rate. go to nvidia control panel, 3d settings, and check the vsynch there(sorry its called something else than vsynch, and mine isnt in english so i dont know what that particular one is called, but you will find it) just choose cities skylines, and go thru the settings. optionally you can reset to default settings

post-238415-0-84454400-1451831722.png

I have experiencing some issues with cities skylines lately, my fps doesn't cross 30 mark at all, it just sits there at 30fps even in a region with no city built nothing. I also tried lowering all settings and disabling all mods, but nothing changes.

My PC specs are - 

i5 4460

8gb DDR3 ram

gtx 960 4gb 

Please help !!!

do you have Vsync on, or are artificially limiting FPS over geforce experience?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Pretty much word for word what I was going to post :P

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

My PC specs are - 

i5 4460

8gb DDR3 ram

gtx 960 4gb 

Please help !!!

that sounds like vsynch put to half refresh rate. go to nvidia control panel, 3d settings, and check the vsynch there(sorry its called something else than vsynch, and mine isnt in english so i dont know what that particular one is called, but you will find it) just choose cities skylines, and go thru the settings. optionally you can reset to default settings

post-238415-0-84454400-1451831722.png

vsync disabled in game but I have enabled adaptive vsync from nvidia's control panel. Is it because of that?

vsync disabled in game but I have enabled adaptive vsync from nvidia's control panel. Is it because of that?

depends on what level of buffering its set to. usually AVsync will limit to 60 if higher or leave it alone if lower, but it could be set to limit to 30 try disabling it

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

turn the adaptive off

Ok, i figured it out, as ben dover kid said, it was put to half refresh rate crap because i recently formatted my pc so all the settings were turned back to default. No issues now, works great, thanks everyone for your help.

I haven't used a modern GeForce card so I don't know but is it possible you've set a FPS cap on your GPU? 

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.