Does anyone own a Gigabyte G1 390X?

byalexandr

I know it has bad reviews and Gigabyte cards are generally bad on AMD chips, but I want to hear someone's opinion from this forum (someone WHO OWNS IT, not someone who automatically hates on this card).

-What case is the card in/what kind of airflow does it receive?

-What are the idle temps?

-What are the load temps?

-How loud is it in comparison to a reference 290 (to your best judgement)?

-What do you think of the build quality?

-Have you had any issues with the card? BIOS? Crashing? That rebooting issue?

-Have you flashed the card and unlocked the voltage? If not, what kind of OC have you gotten without adding voltage?

And last but not least, in your opinion, should I go for this card or an XFX 390X that has a reference AMD cooler installed? Keep in mind I already have a reference 290 so noise isn't an issue for me.

For others, please don't suggest I buy an MSI 390X or something. This card and the reference cooled model I mentioned are the only 390X cards that will fit in my case, and I wanted an upgrade while staying on the Hawaii architecture, so don't suggest an Nvidia card (especially this, I do not want Nvidia cards anymore) or an R9 Nano or something. Thanks!

People (like me) partially go off our experience with their other graphics cards.......and the experiences of owners when we say that with AMD's cards its: Sapphire>XFX=MSI=EVGA>all others>Asus.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

People (like me) partially go off our experience with their other graphics cards.......and the experiences of owners when we say that with AMD's cards its: Sapphire>XFX=MSI=EVGA>all others>Asus.

I know how it is, but I want to hear someone's opinion on this card, because there are no real reviews of it.

Get the xfx. Its the 2nd best overclocker after msi. Dont even think about the gigabyte card. Its loud, hot, and just all around junk.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I personally like the RoyalQueen from Club3D  ^_^

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

You already have 290, why not stick with that?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Get the xfx. Its the 2nd best overclocker after msi. Dont even think about the gigabyte card. Its loud, hot, and just all around junk.

It's a reference cooled 390X if I go for XFX.

I personally like the RoyalQueen from Club3D   ^_^

Too large.

You already have 290, why not stick with that?

It's annoying to have a full Hawaii core and you're not allowed to use all of it. Plus I wanted a bit of an upgrade while staying on the Hawaii architecture as I really love it, so I thought I might as well go for top tier Hawaii which is the 390X.

It's a reference cooled 390X if I go for XFX.

Too large.

It's annoying to have a full Hawaii core and you're not allowed to use all of it. Plus I wanted a bit of an upgrade while staying on the Hawaii architecture as I really love it, so I thought I might as well go for top tier Hawaii which is the 390X.

Whether you go for a 390 or 390X, at least you can do crossfire...if you get a better PSU. TBH I'm surprised that the 450W PSU is able to handle everything-though everything apart form the current 290 is low power.

PMSL

Whether you go for a 390 or 390X, at least you can do crossfire...if you get a better PSU. TBH I'm surprised that the 450W PSU is able to handle everything-though everything apart form the current 290 is low power.

A 290 actually uses only 235W. The reason being AMD rate their TDP with an added 20% over the base to account for OCing.

Source: Guru3D's review of the 7870 and 7850

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

A 290 actually uses only 235W. The reason being AMD rate their TDP with an added 20% over the base to account for OCing.

Source: Guru3D's review of the 7870 and 7850

Sweet. I wonder then what this laptop's MR HD5650 and MR HD4250 actually consume (the 4250 consumes a lot less-that I know from the 30oC difference between the load temps with the 4250 and 5650.

PMSL

Mini ITX board so CF is a no go. I could get a 295X2 but that thing is gigantic to the least.

Sweet. I wonder then what this laptop's MR HD5650 and MR HD4250 actually consume (the 4250 consumes a lot less-that I know from the 30oC difference between the load temps with the 4250 and 5650.

The best part is Nvidia do it the opposite way so real world draw for a 390 stock is 235W whereas a stock (GPU Boosted) 970 daws 170W. Here's why the difference in the benches I show is usually 60W. CAUSE IT IS 60W FREAKING WATTS :D

The best part is Nvidia do it the opposite way so real world draw for a 390 stock is 235W whereas a stock (GPU Boosted) 970 daws 170W. Here's why the difference in the benches I show is usually 60W. CAUSE IT IS 60W FREAKING WATTS :D

Well....at least I know why my i5 4440+GTX 970 ran off a 400W PSU without any issues.

PMSL

Well....at least I know why my i5 4440+GTX 970 ran off a 400W PSU without any issues.

My 290 ran off a 400W PSU without any issues. I even overclocked it xD

Can you show me an EVGA AMD card ?

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling