Installing windows help

dragoncurt

Hi guys I am trying to install windows 7 64bit Professional on my sisters laptop but when I type in the code from underneath the laptop to get the iso from microsoft to install windows 7. It comes up with this 

The product key you've entered appears to be for software which was pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options.

Does anyone know how I can get the iso. Thanks

go back to win7 and then uprgrade through update to 10

Windows is strange

go back to win7 and then uprgrade through update to 10

Windows is strange

I formatted the drive though. 

I formatted the drive though. 

et voilá, that is your issue.

Get a 7 install key/cd/stick/hdd/ssd and re-install off 7 then activate then upgrade to 10 then do a factory reset then you're in the same position with a clean install but none of the activation issues.

I do not understand. Sorry. So I get the key and I have the usb but how do I download windows 7 which you are saying. Thanks

Hi guys I am trying to install windows 7 64bit Professional on my sisters laptop but when I type in the code from underneath the laptop to get the iso from microsoft to install windows 7. It comes up with this 

The product key you've entered appears to be for software which was pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options.

Does anyone know how I can get the iso. Thanks

Alternatively, you can download an Evaluation copy of Windows 10 for the time being until you sort out the Windows 7 issue. Microsoft offers free ISO files for Windows that you can download; you can also do a quick search for some product keys if you don't wanna buy one. Either way, there is always another way to get Windows. 

He has a non-oem key and there for can't use it with a non-pre-installed version of windows.

A new OEM or Retail key must be obtained OR get in contact with the laptop manufacturer to see if they are willing to re-install windows for you.

-アパゾ

you could try and retrive the files on the drive because only the directory has been deleted

If you are using OEM key (laptops bottom), you need to use manufacturers recovery media. If you have deleted recovery partition (usually small 100mb), you indeed need to contact manufacturer for recovery DVD to do it. Alternative is to get .ISO from other reputable provider like GetIntoPC.com.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

pretty sure you can install with a install key..then once you are in windows activate with your key

works that way on 8

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile