Moore's Law to End By 2020

4Strings

Well then just start using different transitors! Graphene transitors sound awesome, and after graphene gets used to death, move on to something new again....

Well then just start using different transitors! Graphene transitors sound awesome, and after graphene gets used to death, move on to something new again....

I will continue re-iterating this. You can only go so small. The smallest form of an element is an atom. You cannot go smaller than that.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

We'll figure something out eventually. As Ian from Jurassic Park would say, "Technology finds a way.".

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

We'll figure something out eventually. As Ian from Jurassic Park would say, "Technology finds a way.".

Technology cannot surpass the laws of physics. It only utilizes the laws of physics.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Technology cannot surpass the laws of physics. It only utilizes the laws of physics.

I'm not saying we'll go smaller than atoms or something that breaks the laws of physics, I'm saying we'll figure out new ways of increasing computing power like stackable chips or quantum computing.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

I'm not saying we'll go smaller than atoms or something that breaks the laws of physics, I'm saying we'll figure out new ways of increasing computing power like stackable chips or quantum computing.

We are more likely to see layers of transistors on a single die, because quantum computing is very primitive at the moment. 

A video that explains the end of moore's law:

I love that video, he's awesome!

Also I won't expect quantum computing soon since it can't do much yet and is unstable as fuck and needs full facilities to be run, but well, the first computers did too...

Anyone knows something about molecule computing? I've heard about it somewhere and it'd be easier to work with molecules before with single atoms, but I think it would be used mainly for storage, correct me if I'm wrong :D

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Also I won't expect quantum computing soon since it can't do much yet and is unstable as fuck and needs full facilities to be run, but well, the first computers did too...

Yeah that is true. However quantum computers are not viable as general purpose computing devices for various reasons.

I will continue re-iterating this. You can only go so small. The smallest form of an element is an atom. You cannot go smaller than that.

true but you can still inovate and use better materials that will still give that performance boost needed to keep inovation going.

While Silicon transistors may hit a limit soon, there's nothing stopping us from progressing into new technologies like Quantum Computing & Graphene|Carbyne-whatever, i'm sure they'd figure something out :/