Intel AC7260 is a piece of ****

Principis

So I recently bought the Intel AC7260 wifi card for my laptop running Windows 10.

My ping is terrible when pinging to my router I get 1 ms but every 10 seconds or so it does this 1, 80, 200, 100, 1

When on load (Downloading or something) it's really terrible it fluctuates like hell even goes over 1000

I can't even game because of this stupid card.

I tried all the drivers I could find but nothing works.

Stupid Intel is it so hard to make something decent? And I can't find any other good AC card...

If you're using M.2 based wifi cards, you can try something like the Killer 1525AC. Though I don't know where you're gonna get this from.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

If you're using M.2 based wifi cards, you can try something like the Killer 1525AC. Though I don't know where you're gonna get this from.

Remember what Linus said about Killer networking? They suck balls.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I can't find them were I live and I'm using a PCIe half mini card I don't know the port lol but I don't think it's m.2

So I recently bought the Intel AC7260 wifi card for my laptop running Windows 10.

My ping is terrible when pinging to my router I get 1 ms but every 10 seconds or so it does this 1, 80, 200, 100, 1

When on load (Downloading or something) it's really terrible it fluctuates like hell even goes over 1000

I can't even game because of this stupid card.

I tried all the drivers I could find but nothing works.

Stupid Intel is it so hard to make something decent? And I can't find any other good AC card...

Get InSSIDer or other program and show us your network parameters and congestion.

Stop complaining, start diagnosing stuff. 

Remember what Linus said about Killer networking? They suck balls.

So tell me, what other suggestions do you have for a laptop wifi card?

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

So tell me, what other suggestions do you have for a laptop wifi card?

the Intel 7265AC is the successor to the 7260AC.

You should try that.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Get InSSIDer or other program and show us your network parameters and congestion.

Stop complaining, start diagnosing stuff.

I diagnosed like everything but I'll post some stuff later. I'm not at home right now.

the Intel 7265AC is the successor to the 7260AC.

You should try that.

They are not available in PCIe half mini

They are not available in PCIe half mini

the intel wifi cards are the best made

if its not working properly..then the card is defective...or you installed it wrong...or you didn't install the correct drivers

and btw...for gaming..you shouldn't be using wifi

you should use powerline adapters

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

For gaming and stability, you use LAN. I know how "stable" powerline is.

nothing wrong with powerline adapters

you only run into problems if you have old wiring...knob and tube/alumnum wiring..or tons of junction boxes and crap

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

the intel wifi cards are the best made

if its not working properly..then the card is defective...or you installed it wrong...or you didn't install the correct drivers

and btw...for gaming..you shouldn't be using wifi

you should use powerline adapters

I did nothing wrong. https://communities.intel.com/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-content?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv3%2Fcontents%2F223361

And no I am not going to use powerline. Wifi works perfectly with my old card but it's too slow 20 Mbps it should be 200 and I get that speed with the Intel card but the ping is terrible

Early 7260 drivers sucked, I have 7 AC 7260s, 2 in mine and my girlfriend's laptops, 1 in my dad's laptop and 1 in both my desktops and 1 in both of my dad's editing workstations. After they fixed the drivers, these are the best wifi cards I've ever used. Either your card is bad or your antennas don't work right or something isn't right on your laptop... Are you sure you got the AC dual band and not the HORRIBLE single band N chip? Because the single band N is identical in appearance and SLOW AS BALLS even the dual band N isn't that great only is the AC version great.

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

Early 7260 drivers sucked, I have 7 AC 7260s, 2 in mine and my girlfriend's laptops, 1 in my dad's laptop and 1 in both my desktops and 1 in both of my dad's editing workstations. After they fixed the drivers, these are the best wifi cards I've ever used. Either your card is bad or your antennas don't work right or something isn't right on your laptop... Are you sure you got the AC dual band and not the HORRIBLE single band N chip? Because the single band N is identical in appearance and SLOW AS BALLS even the dual band N isn't that great only is the AC version great.

I am not stupid...

But I am going to try it on Windows 7 maybe they fixed it on w7 and 8 but still remains only on Windows 10

I am not stupid...

But I am going to try it on Windows 7 maybe they fixed it on w7 and 8 but still remains only on Windows 10

not saying you are, sorry if it sounded that way, I actually got confused for a sec when I upgraded my girlfriend's laptop from the single N to dual AC, they look identical and the fine print model number on the front is hard to see. Windows 7 drivers seemed not to work that great for my dad in the past but we finally got him going back in June, the new drivers seem to work great for 7. He runs 7 on his laptop and workstations, I ran 8.1 and now 10 on all my PCs and have no issue. But 7's driver seems to be coded differently so I'd say give it a shot it could very likely fix your issue, in fact I haven't tried it but maybe you can install 7's drivers onto your current 10 install? It probably wouldn't hurt?

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

not saying you are, sorry if it sounded that way, I actually got confused for a sec when I upgraded my girlfriend's laptop from the single N to dual AC, they look identical and the fine print model number on the front is hard to see. Windows 7 drivers seemed not to work that great for my dad in the past but we finally got him going back in June, the new drivers seem to work great for 7. He runs 7 on his laptop and workstations, I ran 8.1 and now 10 on all my PCs and have no issue. But 7's driver seems to be coded differently so I'd say give it a shot it could very likely fix your issue, in fact I haven't tried it but maybe you can install 7's drivers onto your current 10 install? It probably wouldn't hurt?

I think you have the same problem if you have Windows 10 but maybe you don't notice it? Try pinging for some time to you router then you'll see. I'm now installing Windows 7.

Won't I get bsod's if I install Windows 7 drivers on Windows 10?

I think you have the same problem if you have Windows 10 but maybe you don't notice it? Try pinging for some time to you router then you'll see. I'm now installing Windows 7.

Won't I get bsod's if I install Windows 7 drivers on Windows 10?

BSODs? Shouldn't, you can usually get away with installing drivers from an earlier Windows with out any problems, I do it all the time, many people do even Linus explained it in one of his techquickies.

BSODs? Shouldn't, you can usually get away with installing drivers from an earlier Windows with out any problems, I do it all the time, many people do even Linus explained it in one of his techquickies.

I'm going to nuke my PC Windows 10 is acting weird. But I'll try it after reinstall

No, the Intel AC7260 is not piece of shit. 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

No, the Intel AC7260 is not piece of shit. 

It's good if you don't mind the ping

It's good if you don't mind the ping

Your issue with the ping is regarding either a broken adapter, driver issue or a shitty access point. It has nothing to do with if it is good or bad.

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Your issue with the ping is regarding either a broken adapter, driver issue or a shitty access point. It has nothing to do with if it is good or bad.

No it's a driver issue. If the adapter would be broken, it wouldn't work at all and my access point works flawless. 

https://communities.intel.com/thread/53294?tstart=0

Thats what i just said... 

I know... I think you haven't read anything. I knew from the beginning that it is a driver issue...

I returned the intel ac 7260 for a gigabyte AC card. Havent had problems since.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14