How change the default installation route?

So i have this problem i got windows installed in my 128gb ssd (C drive) and everytime i install any program/file i have the default install route in that SSD, how do i change this ? Its really annoying and how do i avoid it in the first place ? Since i'm getting a new laptop with an ssd in it.

So i have this problem i got windows installed in my 128gb ssd (C drive) and everytime i install any program/file i have the default install route in that SSD, how do i change this ? Its really annoying and how do i avoid it in the first place ? Since i'm getting a new laptop with an ssd in it.

There is no way round it really.

PC Specs:

Core I5 4690K CPU
Gigabyte GTX 960 windforce 4GB GDDR5 GPU
Corsair 100R case
Seasonic 620W S12-II PSU
Kingston SSDNow 120GB SSD
Toshiba 1TB HDD
Asrock H97 Pro4 motherboard
8GB panram DDR3 1600 RAM
Windows 10 home 64 bit

There's almost always an option to install the program elsewhere during installation. 

Just pay attention instead of pressing 'next, next, next'.

Moved to OS & Software. The troubleshooting subforum is for.. troubleshooting.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

No way that i know of other when it asks you to change the folder when your installing the program although there is way to migrate folders like Downloads and documents to other drives to save space.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

There's almost always an option to install the program elsewhere during installation. 

Just pay attention instead of pressing 'next, next, next'.

Moved to OS & Software. The troubleshooting subforum is for.. troubleshooting.

The thing is my parents use the same pc, and when they install some shit it's in the ssd

No way that i know of other when it asks you to change the folder when your installing the program although there is way to migrate folders like Downloads and documents to other drives to save space.

How do you do that?

How do you do that?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/redirect-folder-new-location#1TC=windows-7 and theres other things like disabling pagefiles and deleteing other useless files to save room on ssds and decrease the amount of writes and sorta saving life in your ssd

It wont stop them from installing programs on the ssd but at least it will move some of the folders that take up space to another disk doing this however will slow down boot times and such. although not much i figured i should tell you, since it will have to load files off an hdd. Wont slow it down much though maybe 5ish seconds at the most

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

How do you do that?

When you're going through the installer of program X it usually asks you if you want to install program X somewhere other than the default location (usually program files). You can't just change a setting to change the defaults, as far as I know.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home