replacement for mionix NAOS 7K

katiekitsune
Go to solution Solved by Shoob,

thanks for the info! i have one last question before i go with the rival. can i map a button to dpi clutch in the software?

You can remap all buttons on the mouse to anything you want.

IozsExe.png

aerdc5T.jpgI have rather large hands (as shown) and my grip just doesnt seem to agree with the NAOS 7K at least at the pinky rest. im looking in to some options for a mouse that will fit me better (without having to drag my wrist on the mat). I've come up with a few options which are up in the poll. are there any of those that i should avoid with my hands? should i just buy them all then return the ones i dont like?

keep in mind that these mice have all the features i want/need so im not really looking for recommendations outside these 3.

wan

The Castor will be too small for you if you are using a palm grip. The G502 is kinda narrow, but some users find it really comfortable. I'm currently using a Rival 300, which is pretty good for my claw, and hybrid palm/claw grip, but I have fairly small hands (measured at around 19 cm from the tip of the middle finger to the base). It's the longest mouse out of the three, measuring at 133.7mm and it's lighter than the 502. Take a look at the G402 - it's slightly longer and wider than the G402. 

logitech_g502_g402_gaming_mice_side_by_s

The biggest mouse I know is the Cougar 550M, measuring at 135mm. It's hard to give a proper suggestion based on comfort - you need to try some of them to find the perfect shape for you. I doubt you'll find a wider and more ergonomic mouse (for palm grip) than the Naos 7000.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

All of those mice are smaller than the Naos 7000. Also the Castor and G502 are closer to claw grip than palm. One thing you probably need to accept is that with a larger hand / longer fingers, you're simply not going to find a mouse that fits from the tip of your fingers to the bottom of your palm.

What is your issue with the Naos 7000?

Disclaimer: I own and currently use a Naos 7000 and was seriously considering the Rival 300 instead. Also tried  the G502 at a shop.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

All of those mice are smaller than the Naos 7000. Also the Castor and G502 are closer to claw grip than palm. One thing you probably need to accept is that with a larger hand / longer fingers, you're simply not going to find a mouse that fits from the tip of your fingers to the bottom of your palm.

What is your issue with the Naos 7000?

Disclaimer: I own and currently use a Naos 7000 and was seriously considering the Rival 300 instead. Also tried  the G502 at a shop.

the problem is the ergonomics are too set in stone for me and to have my hand sit comfortably my pinky on the pinky rest i have to press my wrist into my mouse mat and barely reach button 4 with my thumb. its also a bit on the heavy side.

the castor seems to work for the hardwarecanucks guy (i dont remember how his name is spelled). and he has big hands so its still a pretty good option.

wan

i guess i could say i miss the pinky freedom of my deathadder but dont want to deal with the new razer quality

wan

i guess i could say i miss the pinky freedom of my deathadder but dont want to deal with the new razer quality

Zowie EC1-A should be a good replacement for a DeathAdder. I got a EC1 Evo after my DeathAdder went to shit.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

Zowie EC1-A should be a good replacement for a DeathAdder. I got a EC1 Evo after my DeathAdder went to shit.

Does that one have remappable buttons? Is it bigger than the rival 300?

wan

alright so im taking the G502 out of the running as if the one mouse with a tilt wheel is going to be too narrow there is no point in having it being in the running (as well as other issues that many complain about). the g402 isnt really gonna be able to edge past the rival in size by just being slightly larger than the g502 and the zowie mouse doesnt let me set it to 1800 dpi or remap a button to a dpi clutch so its out. between the castor and the rival 300 which will be better? mostly fps games at mid to low dpi and i need the ability to make a dpi clutch "sniper" button. the castor seems to work for reviewers with large hands so its mostly down to quality control and how well the mouse can handle a hybrid palm/claw grip.

wan

alright so im taking the G502 out of the running as if the one mouse with a tilt wheel is going to be too narrow there is no point in having it being in the running (as well as other issues that many complain about). the g402 isnt really gonna be able to edge past the rival in size by just being slightly larger than the g502 and the zowie mouse doesnt let me set it to 1800 dpi or remap a button to a dpi clutch so its out. between the castor and the rival 300 which will be better? mostly fps games at mid to low dpi and i need the ability to make a dpi clutch "sniper" button. the castor seems to work for reviewers with large hands so its mostly down to quality control and how well the mouse can handle a hybrid palm/claw grip.

They both have the same flawless sensor(PMW3310H). I'm using a hybrid claw/palm grip with my Rival and it's really comfortable for me, but it's slightly narrow on the front. I don't think you'll be able to palm grip a Castor, it's more suited towards claw and fingertip grips for people with large hands.

The Castor is available on massdrop for $55 - https://www.massdrop.com/buy/mionix-castor-rgb-ergonomic-optical-gaming-mouse

If you can try both before purchasing, definitely do so.

The only comparison between the Naos and the Castor I've found:

1384446804653335078.jpg

snip

thanks for the info! i have one last question before i go with the rival. can i map a button to dpi clutch in the software?

wan

You can remap all buttons on the mouse to anything you want.

IozsExe.png