HyperX Cloud I vs Cloud II

AndrejsK
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

B..b..but who do I believe?

just get cloud I, you wont miss anything.

edit: I have one myself

Says it in the title, is the Cloud II USB dongle worth the price? Does the price difference make it worth getting the Cloud I(69 EUR), or should I still get the Cloud II(97 EUR)?

i have a cloud I on my head right now, i got it specificly to not get any sort of usb mess, just audio jacks.

and i'm very happy with it.

There is no difference with both except the interface, I got the first hyperX clouds and I've been using them for 2 years and they are still daymn good. 

i have a cloud I on my head right now, i got it specificly to not get any sort of usb mess, just audio jacks.

and i'm very happy with it.

Cloud II is worth the upgrade.

just get cloud I, you wont miss anything.

edit: I have one myself

There is no difference with both except the interface, I got the first hyperX clouds and I've been using them for 2 years and they are still daymn good. 

The clouds II have virtual 7.1, echo and noise cancellation, memory foam headband and is a little bit lighter too.

AMD FX8350 Black OC 4.5ghz--NZXT Kraken X31--ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0--MSI R9 380 4G--Corsair RM750--Corsair 16GB Vengeance

Logitech G300--Roccat ISKU FX--Logitech Z623--HyperX Cloud II

Take the cloud II. The dongle is not the only new feature. With the second you get virtual 7.1, it has not only memory foam in the earcups but also in the headband, the mic has echo and noise cancellation and the mic also has a wider range.

http://gameidealist.com/gift-guides/gaming-headsets-hyperx-cloud-vs-hyperx-cloud-ii-features-comparison/

AMD FX8350 Black OC 4.5ghz--NZXT Kraken X31--ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0--MSI R9 380 4G--Corsair RM750--Corsair 16GB Vengeance

Logitech G300--Roccat ISKU FX--Logitech Z623--HyperX Cloud II

Cloud II is worth the upgrade.

There is no upgrade... If anything it's more of a downgrade with frustration from a cheap dongle.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

There is no upgrade... If anything it's more of a downgrade with frustration from a cheap dongle.

I've had then both, and maybe if you did you will know why it's worth the upgrade. Yes the DAC dongle is cheap, but what do you expect for that price?

The Cloud II has many new features, auto noise cancelation, 7.1 mode, easier to connect dongle, fixed bugs and much more.

Might add this later...

I've had then both, and maybe if you did you will know why it's worth the upgrade. Yes the DAC dongle is cheap, but what do you expect for that price?

The Cloud II has many new features, auto noise cancelation, 7.1 mode, easier to connect dongle, fixed bugs and much more.

7.1 mode? Cloud 1 + Razer Surround = same fake 7.1.

Auto-noise cancellation? Sound options via Realtek or whatever else nowdays offers this for mics as a somewhat regular thing, it's not sorcery, and can be found on the HyperX Cloud and Cloud Core.

Easier to connect dongle? Fixed bugs? That shitty dongle creates more problems than it is worth. I've used them both and quite frankly it astounds me the lack of knowledge some people spew in this sub-forum. The moment you said 7.1, you lost any credibility, didn't help you when you assumed that the garbage dongle is the only thing that can offer that simulated surround sound.

The ONLY exception for getting the Cloud 2, the ONLY, is if your audio ports simply don't work, in which case using the dongle is what you are left with and makes it easier. Although, you could buy the Cloud Core and buy a $5 dongle that would have less issues than the $30+ Cloud 2 dongle.

As for, "for the money", if you really wanted surround via the USB, then you could save near $10 and grab this,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0044DEDC0/

I wouldn't condone that, but you COULD and it would probably last longer too.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2