Good cooler for my case

Kaedannnc

Looking to get a cooler for my fx6300. will be oc to 4.0-4.5 ghz max. my case is the Corsair Carbide 100R. 212 Evo doesnt fit so dont bother suggesting it lol.

any help is appreciated. thanks guys :)

Looking to get a cooler for my fx6300. will be oc to 4.0-4.5 ghz max. my case is the Corsair Carbide 100R. 212 Evo doesnt fit so dont bother suggesting it lol.

any help is appreciated. thanks guys :)

Well with the 212 out of the question since it's 9mm too tall there's not a lot of tower style coolers to choose from. You could go with a Noctua U9S or Rajintek Aidos, they come in under 140mm (100R can fit up to 150mm). Or you could go with a low profile cooler like the Rajintek Pallas or Noctua C14S.

Just some options/examples I found. You could also do a Corsair H60 or other 120mm AIO, that would work also and some are cheaper than low profile heatsinks.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

hyper t4,something low profile,or something with a 92mm fan should fit,what is your case max cpu hight?Cooler Master Gemeni coolers can fit and can give you oveclock around 4.2ghz no problem

Well with the 212 out of the question since it's 9mm too tall there's not a lot of tower style coolers to choose from. You could go with a Noctua U9S or Rajintek Aidos, they come in under 140mm (100R can fit up to 150mm). Or you could go with a low profile cooler like the Rajintek Pallas or Noctua C14S.

Just some options/examples I found. You could also do a Corsair H60 or other 120mm AIO, that would work also and some are cheaper than low profile heatsinks.

thanks really apprectiate the response i think i might go with an AIO cooler, are there any 240 mm that would fit in my case that you know of?

thanks really apprectiate the response i think i might go with an AIO cooler, are there any 240 mm that would fit in my case that you know of?

Well probably any 240 like the H100 would fit but it will probably take some creative customizing. A 120 would be very simple to install in comparison.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

I don't think it's really worth spending that much on a cooler for a 6300. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What about the Cryorig H7? I heard it performs better than the 212 EVO and is 145mm tall, with no RAM clearance issues. As for closed loop liquid coolers, anything with a single 120mm rad would fit on the back.

NEED X58 BOARD WITH SATA3 ASAP

What about the Cryorig H7? I heard it performs better than the 212 EVO and is 145mm tall, with no RAM clearance issues. As for closed loop liquid coolers, anything with a single 120mm rad would fit on the back.

If you're in a country that Cryorig products are available, or you're willing to import this is the option I'd choose.

Though a good topflow cooler could work well too. Not sure which I'd recommend though, not a type of cooler I look at all that often.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

I don't think it's really worth spending that much on a cooler for a 6300. 

I know i was just wondering, if i ever upgrade in the future and need a better cooler. just me being curious.