Water cooling problem brand new computer

Polishboii

So I had recently built my very first computer

It included

H60

I5 4690k

Gigabit 1150 mother

With obviously the other parts you need for a computer but not included in the problem

Here is the problem

When I turn my computer on the cpu temp starts at 50deg cel where it should be but then starts to rise all the way to 90 deg cel and I have no clue why and I don't want to burn the cpu

Included with the problem is that one of the tubbings is also as warm as the part that sits on the cpu itself and I have no clue what could be causing this problem and I have seen many people on the internet had the same problem but there was no solution and I would like to ask/ if anyone on this site can have an idea that would be helpful and not miscivous thank you and I think Linus should make a video on the h60 because he doesn't have one yet and seems good for a first pc

And pls no spam

hey welcome to the forums.

If the atwre is as hot as the chip, then its not likely to be a a bad mount. 

Is the pump making any sound? I had a bad AIO unit with this problem and concluded that the pump was the fault. (somewhat at least). 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

hey welcome to the forums.

If the atwre is as hot as the chip, then its not likely to be a a bad mount.

Is the pump making any sound? I had a bad AIO unit with this problem and concluded that the pump was the fault. (somewhat at least).

Well, let's start with some basic troubleshooting first.

1) Is the pump unit on your H60 connected to a fan header on your motherboard?

2) Is your radiator fan connected and spinning?

3) Try re-applying thermal paste and/or remounting the cooler onto your CPU. It's a possibility that you mounted the cooler wrong and it's not making contact with the CPU correctly.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Thank you no it does it make any sounds and I'm pretty sure that there was not enough thermal paste there were dry spots and 1/4 of it was it covered in the paste

Well, let's start with some basic troubleshooting first.

1) Is the pump unit on your H60 connected to a fan header on your motherboard?

2) Is your radiator fan connected and spinning?

3) Try re-applying thermal paste and/or remounting the cooler onto your CPU. It's a possibility that you mounted the cooler wrong and it's not making contact with the CPU correctly.

2 yes it is running

And I will be applying new paste today

Yes also everything is connected properly and nothing seems to be wrong

2 yes it is running

And I will be applying new paste today

Yes also everything is connected properly and nothing seems to be wrong

OK, well it seems like the most likely culprit is a bad mount or bad thermal paste application. When you remove your cooler off your CPU, clean both the CPU and copper plate on the AIO thoroughly with 70% (or more) isopropyl alcohol and a cloth. For the thermal paste application, a small pea sized drop on them middle of the CPU should suffice.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

OK, well it seems like the most likely culprit is a bad mount or bad thermal paste application. When you remove your cooler off your CPU, clean both the CPU and copper plate on the AIO thoroughly with 70% (or more) isopropyl alcohol and a cloth. For the thermal paste application, a small pea sized drop on them middle of the CPU should suffice.

But could there also just be a problem with the pump because the pump and one of the tubbings are both warm

But could there also just be a problem with the pump because the pump and one of the tubbings are both warm

That's a possibility as well, if it turns out to be a malfunctioning pump, you should contact Corsair Support here since they have (in my experience) great customer support.

Sounds like a bad mount .

Reapply thermal paste and try again.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case