Does this ram suck?

RAM probably isn't the problem if it works. I have 8 gigs of super sh*tty 1333MHz RAM from an old HP desktop and I haven't had any problems. Check his temps.

This^

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

RAM is usually more of a binary thing, either it doesn't work or it's fine. He definitely has enough of it, and it looks like it's fast enough to not be a problem.

Usually, the issue in gaming performance is either the GPU or the CPU.

Concerning the CPU: Most of the time, the CPU is more than enough for the GPU and isn't the problem. It pains me to say this (I'm not a fan of AMD APUs), but an A10-6700 shouldn't bottleneck here.

Concerning the GPU: The GPU is normally the limiting factor. The GTX 950 isn't an extremely powerful card, so it could be that either your friend is expecting it to perform better than it does or he isn't paying attention to graphics settings. I would need more information about this situation to be sure, specifically -What games, -What settings, and -How it's performing exactly.

There are a couple more possible issues that come to mind...

-Is he actually using the GTX 950? I know, probably a stupid question, but I don't know how much your friend knows about computers and the A10-6700 does have integrated graphics.

-Are the graphics drivers properly installed and up to date? If the machine has GeForce Experience, all you really need to do is click "check for updates". If it doesn't, then it should.

-Is the machine's cooling sufficient?

That's all I can really come up with if I don't have the machine in front of me, hope it helps.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

RAM is usually more of a binary thing, either it doesn't work or it's fine. He definitely has enough of it, and it looks like it's fast enough to not be a problem.

Usually, the issue in gaming performance is either the GPU or the CPU.

Concerning the CPU: Most of the time, the CPU is more than enough for the GPU and isn't the problem. It pains me to say this (I'm not a fan of AMD APUs), but an A10-6700 shouldn't bottleneck here.

Concerning the GPU: The GPU is normally the limiting factor. The GTX 950 isn't an extremely powerful card, so it could be that either your friend is expecting it to perform better than it does or he isn't paying attention to graphics settings. I would need more information about this situation to be sure, specifically -What games, -What settings, and -How it's performing exactly.

There are a couple more possible issues that come to mind...

-Is he actually using the GTX 950? I know, probably a stupid question, but I don't know how much your friend knows about computers and the A10-6700 does have integrated graphics.

-Are the graphics drivers properly installed and up to date? If the machine has GeForce Experience, all you really need to do is click "check for updates". If it doesn't, then it should.

-Is the machine's cooling sufficient?

That's all I can really come up with if I don't have the machine in front of me, hope it helps.

A 950 is a pretty good card, we have absolutely nothing to base this entire thread on. Its probably the CPU, could be the drivers of the GPU, or it could be like you said he has stuff cranked way too high for that card and the fps is suffering. Ram has really loose timings he could probably tighten but that wouldn't make more than maybe 3-5% of difference. Turn down settings, try windowed mode, non windowed mode, make sure he has latest drivers, mildly attempt to clock his cpu higher, tighten his ram timings some. Between all of that surely he can get some improved fps. 

Faster ram will only benefit the igpu, but not the gpu, so getting faster ram won't do anything. And what does he mean "bad performance"?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

What is CAS and timing? Does it matter a lot? Following this thread to get more information on my questions.

Getting a 970 soon. I know someone will said "GET R9 390 FAGG*T!" there's an 120GB bundle with the 970.