Any Portable Power Bank for MSI GS70 Stealth Pro

My friend just bought a MSI GS70 Stealth Pro laptop. But he thought the baterry is not enough. So he asked me is there any "portable" power bank that can use for this laptop?

Actually I just think about UPS(Uninterruptable Power System) xD, but it's not a good choice. So who can help me?

TAT and LOL. (I do not know whether to laugh or to cry, what should I do.)

BTW, the output of the AC/DC power adapter is 19V 7.8A OR 19.5V 7.4A. (like this?) (also another unit: around 150w).

:)  :mellow:  :unsure: 

My friend just bought a MSI GS70 Stealth Pro laptop. But he thought the baterry is not enough. So he asked me is there any "portable" power bank that can use for this laptop?

Actually I just think about UPS(Uninterruptable Power System) xD, but it's not a good choice. So who can help me?

TAT and LOL. (I do not know whether to laugh or to cry, what should I do.)

BTW, the output of the AC/DC power adapter is 19V 7.8A OR 19.5V 7.4A. (like this?) (also another unit: around 150w).

:)  :mellow:  :unsure: 

buy a second or third battery is probably the best option

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

-SNIP-

Welcome to the Forums!

For a laptop like that your not going to get a battery capable of 150W of output form any battery bank, however you will be able to charge it on sleep or idling without doing intensive tasks. There are portable laptop chargers like theses:

http://www.amazon.com/Aukey-18000mah-Multi-voltage-External-Motorola/dp/B00NBI1GQK

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B45EOYS/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687622&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00NBI1GQK&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=15HNQTBDN9EETTCNXN0Y

Funny i have the same laptop... the only option for a back up battery is to build your own battery that meets the same voltage as the output on your adapter. Then make islt whatever capacity youd like. I have a 14.8 volt 108,000mah battery i made with a voltage boost to 19.5 for the laptop.

buy a second or third battery is probably the best option

yea, maybe ill ask him to do so. LOL

Welcome to the Forums!

For a laptop like that your not going to get a battery capable of 150W of output form any battery bank, however you will be able to charge it on sleep or idling without doing intensive tasks. There are portable laptop chargers like theses:

http://www.amazon.com/Aukey-18000mah-Multi-voltage-External-Motorola/dp/B00NBI1GQK

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B45EOYS/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687622&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00NBI1GQK&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=15HNQTBDN9EETTCNXN0Y

It's good for my computer, but 3A / 5A for 19V is too low for his computer.

Funny i have the same laptop... the only option for a back up battery is to build your own battery that meets the same voltage as the output on your adapter. Then make islt whatever capacity youd like. I have a 14.8 volt 108,000mah battery i made with a voltage boost to 19.5 for the laptop.

Wow! Sounds nice ha! LOL

It's good for my computer, but 3A / 5A for 19V is too low for his computer.

As said there aren't power banks out there designed for such high power draw if he uses it at full load, those will work without issue as long as he's not gaming, or doing intensive tasks like rendering. Other than creating your own high Ah lipo battery pack as Andrew suggested there aren't that many options for it.

As said there aren't power banks out there designed for such high power draw if he uses it at full load, those will work without issue as long as he's not gaming, or doing intensive tasks like rendering. Other than creating your own high Ah lipo battery pack as Andrew suggested there aren't that many options for it.

Yea, I think so. Thanks.

Wow! Sounds nice ha! LOL

i use it for everything.

Being 14.8v with a 100A discharge its the same as a car.

So i have adapters for everything

Bat to usb chargers

Bat to 500w ac adapter

Bat to laptop charge

Bat to 12v light for camping

I mount it on my mountain bike and i use it for my 12" 10,000lm led bar.

I have a test bench with constant current and constant voltage regulators so i can test leds and electronic shit.

I can jump start like 3 cars at the same time.

i use it for everything.

Being 14.8v with a 100A discharge its the same as a car.

So i have adapters for everything

Bat to usb chargers

Bat to 500w ac adapter

Bat to laptop charge

Bat to 12v light for camping

I mount it on my mountain bike and i use it for my 12" 10,000lm led bar.

I have a test bench with constant current and constant voltage regulators so i can test leds and electronic shit.

I can jump start like 3 cars at the same time.

LOL, yea, what you did is really nice. Maybe a good choice for me if i'm going camping later.

• 1 year later...

At the time of your writing, no solutions may have been available except for large external power supplies. Now, there are a few options available.

Still, for a 150W adapter, you're in a tough spot. Actually, I tested out a few power banks for my 120W laptop and 230W gaming laptop, and here are the solutions that I found.

1) The MAXOAK 50000 mAH may not work. The specs only support up to 90W, but I was able to get my 120W laptop to run. My 230W gaming laptop did not run. Your 150W laptop falls right in between. Still, if you can get it to work (order from a retailer with lax return policy, test it out, and return if not working?), this would be the lightest and least bulky option.
2) ChargeTech 54000 mAh at $399 - Top-of-the-line solution that will power any device up to 250W. Still the price is quite steep.... This uses a mains AC output for powering laptops and other devices.

2) Aviant 42000 mAh at $220 - Cheaper solution than the above. It worked for my 230W device. The specs say that this supports 200W continuous/250W peak, and so you should be OK. This also uses a mains AC output for power. It's the heaviest and most bulky of these three items, but the price is good if the MAXOAK will not work for you.

I did a detailed write-up of my testing if you're interested.

Portable Power Banks for Laptops

JapanDude