Silly Tech stories!

mbryant

Share your screw-ups or other antic-dotes!

A co-worker of mine was complaning about if frame rate in insurgency, payday 2 and planet side 2. He came in the next day and said "my monitor was running off the integrated GPU. He'd had a GPU for over a year and hadn't been using it. He was very embarrassed because he knew better. 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Well, other than today where I got a screw stuck in my motherboard attempting to mount it to the case, and had to cut the screw with a pair of scissors to get it out of the motherboard.

I had to tech support for someone who couldn't figure out why his GPU wouldn't work after cutting it in half to fit it in the case. 

[spoiler=Current Rig] N/A