Os.js is a javascript based Operating System

Os.js is a javascript based Operating system. It is sleek, pretty fast and handles Multitasking pretty well. It comes pre-loaded with some basic applications like- A code editor, Writer, chat via gmail and many others. The best thing though is, it runs on a browser. post-297698-0-32875600-1451370493.txt

Because if there is something the world needs, its more operating systems.

So let me get this straight, I need to have an OS (to run the browser) to run this OS???

Pretty cool! I'm a JS developer myself and my, we've gotten so far. The beauty of this thing is that it's open source and therefore deployable for personal use. Say, you get a cheap-ass cloud server and pay about 3 bucks a month (on AWS EC2, get the smallest micro instance), and install this in. Then, you can basically hop onto any computer with a browser and take your settings and programs with you. Granted, it's still pretty basic, but hey, at this point it's a proof of concept that you can implement Broadway-based GTK on browsers.

Instead of talking how this is run inside an operating system, we should be looking at how smooth it is. I think this is a great tool to be productive. I found it interesting, that's the least I can say about this