Phantom 530: First Build (ever!)

Looks good so far, I can't wait to see that Maximus Formula VI, that board is so good looking. Keep us updated :) And is the monitor you got the Asus MX239H? 

Ah, the patented iPhone comparison, not sure if Linus still holds that now though.

He does it with the HTC One nowadays I think. But yeah I was really surprised when I saw the SSD. I mean I knew it would be small and light but that thing is almost microscopic. And especially comparing to the beast of a Hard Drive.

to hit the best deals

That's almost never the reason when I see people do it its always because they are impatient

Well my money was split between my bank account and my mother's and since I am under 18 I can't shop online, so I had to physically buy some of the things and order the others online. Then there's also the things that aren't in stock right now like the Case and the cooler.

Looks good so far, I can't wait to see that Maximus Formula VI, that board is so good looking. Keep us updated :) And is the monitor you got the Asus MX239H?

I can't wait either. And yes it is (will be) the MX239h.

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

Well my money was split between my bank account and my mother's and since I am under 18 I can't shop online, so I had to physically buy some of the things and order the others online. Then there's also the things that aren't in stock right now like the Case and the cooler.

Didn't know you couldn't order online in sweden if you are under 18, In the UK if you have a debit card you can order online 

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

Didn't know you couldn't order online in sweden if you are under 18, In the UK if you have a debit card you can order online

Yeah I know it's stupid like that. I don't know why it's like that, but as long as I get my parts I don't care lol.

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

Looking forward to seeing more pictures :)

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Next set of parts arrived. Pictures in a few hours. :)

Image flood incoming. Beware!  ;)

EZm8EWRh.jpg0XocWOIh.jpg

OK MB, RAM and GPU pics are up. Enjoy! I certainly did...  :D

Unfortunately I might not start building until October since the Phantom 530 comes out then here in Sweden. However I am thinking of buying a cheap case just as a placeholder so we will see how it goes. PSU is up next though, then I'll see if I can wait or not.

Looking Good, more pics please  ^_^

You can see all pics in my second post. I will be posting all new pictures there. :)

Also I think I may have come up with a name for my build. "R&B" (Red and Black) but also you know R&B, get it? Cause the music and Red.... and you know. Yeeaaah I'll show myself out.  :lol:

he does :D

Let's hope he got it licensed then :lol:.

Welcome to the elite PC gamers club

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Alright I got the PSU. As always pics will be up in a few hours

• 2 weeks later...

is the AX860  hybrid already? with the fan that turn off at low load? If so DO NOT BUY IT, i'm going creazy with my HX750, because every 10-15 min the fan starts spinning very fast and noisy for 4 sec to cool down the components, sooooo annoying! And they are all designed to work this way, a stupid way in my opinion

My Rig:

Case: Cooler Master CM II 690 Advanced USB3; Motherboard: Asus P8z77-v; Processor: i5 3550 3.3 GHz - 3.7GHz, oc @ 3.9-4.1 GHz; Graphic cards: two XFX 7850 black edition oc @ 1 GHz; 

Ram: Corsair Vengance Red 2x4 GB 1600 MHz CL8; Heatsink: Noctua NH-U9B; Power supply: Corsair HX750 W 80 Plus Gold; Storage: SSD Vertex 3 120 GB +2 HDD Wester Digital 1 TB

That's almost never the reason when I see people do it its always because they are impatient 

if you, like me, are on a tight budget it can be more motivating to buy some parts, then you HAVE to save up the rest of the money

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

if you, like me, are on a tight budget it can be more motivating to buy some parts, then you HAVE to save up the rest of the money

If you're on a tight budget that's more of a reason to wait until you have the money

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |