W 10 install without graphic card

GWesterdijk

So after buying my pc it seems the pci lanes from the mother board are not aligned with the case pci slots, where you are supposed to put in the card.

so i still need to get a new case

but now i want to install W10 on my pc without the graphic card in the motherboard, can i safely install W10 and add my card later?

does it have to do with a serial number or something?

also, do you guys have ever heard of DreamSpark? i have a key but it's for the mulitiple edition, does this mean it's only for pro or home or what is it exactly?

i also still got an old laptop drive which i would like to use or at least get the files out, but it has windows vista on it, and im afraid to put it in because i don't know if i can't take of my files from it to my ssd, what's the best way to do this?

So after buying my pc it seems the pci lanes from the mother board are not aligned with the case pci slots, where you are supposed to put in the card.

so i still need to get a new case

but now i want to install W10 on my pc without the graphic card in the motherboard, can i safely install W10 and add my card later?

also, do you guys have ever heard of DreamSpark? i have a key but it's for the mulitiple edition, does this mean it's only for pro or home or what is it exactly?

Erm what? The ATX standard should avoid all this, what motherboard and case?

I would say enable onboard (What motherboard/processor?) or build it on a desk to install then rebuild in the case

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Windows setup has a wizard. So if you have no graphics card or graphics solution, then you can't view what is being asked, let alone know where to move the mouse to navigate it. If you have an integrated graphics solution, like an Intel integrated graphics with your CPU, and you connect your display to your motherboard, then yes, now you can install Windows just fine, and use it (after Windows updates and drivers installation of anything missing) and add the graphics card later.

By 'DreamSpark' I assume you mean DreamSpark Premium. Yes. You have Windows 10 that you can acquire for free. The editions you see, should be different languages, and 32 and 64-bit flavor. Get the 64-bit of the language that you prefer based on what is available. On check out, you'll get a link to download the ISO file of Windows 10 Pro, and product key.

I think your motherboard and case are fine. Everything is machine made and precision cut, they are no "miss aligned PCI-E", that is why we have standard formats. So unless you used an OEM case (like Dell, HP, Acer, etc..), or you got a server motherboard with a ATX standard case (and even then), I don't see how they are missed aligned. Please provide picture

Erm what? The ATX standard should avoid all this, what motherboard and case?

I would say enable onboard (What motherboard/processor?) or build it on a desk to install then rebuild in the case

this is my build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CRLTGX

and the case is an aerocool gt black advance

Windows setup has a wizard. So if you have no graphics card or graphics solution, then you can't view what is being asked, let alone know where to move the mouse to navigate it. If you have an integrated graphics solution, like an Intel integrated graphics with your CPU, and you connect your display to your motherboard, then yes, now you can install Windows just fine, and use it (after Windows updates and drivers installation of anything missing) and add the graphics card later.

By 'DreamSpark' I assume you mean DreamSpark Premium. Yes. You have Windows 10 that you can acquire for free. The editions you see, should be different languages, and 32 and 64-bit flavor. Get the 64-bit of the language that you prefer based on what is available. On check out, you'll get a link to download the ISO file of Windows 10 Pro, and product key.

I think your motherboard and case are fine. Everything is machine made and precision cut, they are no "miss aligned PCI-E", that is why we have standard formats. So unless you used an OEM case (like Dell, HP, Acer, etc..), or you got a server motherboard with a ATX standard case (and even then), I don't see how they are missed aligned. Please provide picture

yeah i got a i5 6500 so integrated graphics and i got a key and download file from dreamspark i need to put the files in iso format on bootable usb and put it in my pc, but it says multiple editions, so i downloaded the windows 10 help programm and created a bootable usb with that but i chose windows 10 not N or Home, Pro wasn't even an option.

but can i use the offical Microsoft windows 10 help programm to create a bootable USB or do i need to use the files Dreamspark gave me, and will this key be valid, won't i expire after i graduate or something?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1zLTA3ACHK2Y3psUVF2Zi1DVWM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1zLTA3ACHK2QjVJQWpNTHdEYXM

Thats board will fit in that case, so either board is not fitted correctly or you are putting the GPU in the incorrect slot

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

this is my build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CRLTGX

and the case is an aerocool gt black advance

Still want a picture, because I see nothing possible that can cause a miss alignment.

yeah i got a i5 6500 so integrated graphics and i got a key and download file from dreamspark i need to put the files in iso format on bootable usb and put it in my pc, but it says multiple editions, so i downloaded the windows 10 help programm and created a bootable usb with that but i chose windows 10 not N or Home, Pro wasn't even an option.

If you didn't pick "Home" or "N", you probably got Pro. Anyway, you'll see once installed.

but can i use the offical Microsoft windows 10 help programm to create a bootable USB or do i need to use the files Dreamspark gave me, and will this key be valid, won't i expire after i graduate or something?

Use what DreamSpark gave you.

The key will remain active after your graduation (unless they change something by then), but per the license agreement, you are supposed to purchase the software you got soon after.

Still want a picture, because I see nothing possible that can cause a miss alignment.

If you didn't pick "Home" or "N", you probably got Pro. Anyway, you'll see once installed.

Use what DreamSpark gave you.

The key will remain active after your graduation (unless they change something by then), but per the license agreement, you are supposed to purchase the software you got soon after.

i put the pictures in the last post

Thats board will fit in that case, so either board is not fitted correctly or you are putting the GPU in the incorrect slot

please look at the pictures, the board can't be not fitted correctly since all the screw went in without a problem

i put the pictures in the last post

please look at the pictures, the board can't be not fitted correctly since all the screw went in without a problem

Says we need permission to view, use imgur or photobucket :)

Ryzen Ram Guide

sorry guys, but it seems it does fit a little, but the hdmi port and display port aren't aligned in the middle of the slot, it's pressed against one side of the pci slot. i'm still not convinced it will fit in this case, even screwing in the screws was a bit hard, i guess it's you get what you pay

i am getting another case anyway

You will be fine if your cpu has onboard Graphics.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

sorry guys, but it seems it does fit a little, but the hdmi port and display port aren't aligned in the middle of the slot, it's pressed against one side of the pci slot. i'm still not convinced it will fit in this case, even screwing in the screws was a bit hard, i guess it's you get what you pay

i am getting another case anyway

Port location being on the edge is fine. You'll notice that no plug actually fit flush to the connector as you insert it. The extra space is to compensate for variation in whatever the connector is in, thickness (back of DVD/bluray player plastic enclosure, computer case metal thickness, and so on). So because of this, many manufactures from graphics card, to cases, simply dont' care. That is also why, in cases, you see the USB connector metal casing like a soar thumb, like this:

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2012/06/antec-one-review/antec-one-3b.jpg

while if you look at Apple MacBooks, Razer Blade laptop, or Microsoft Surface line system, you have high precision work on both precision cut, and thickness of the body so that anything fits well, while being perfectly flush and integrated with the device:

http://pocketnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/SurfacePro3__DSC5964.jpg

http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/razer-blade-usb-590x330.jpg

Notice how you don't see the ugly metal casing. And while spending so much on R&D and production precision work to ensure continuous success in placement of the port with the case, might as well paint it in the system color for a few dollars more.

Why doesn't computer case manufacture doesn't put the same effort, well now we are really going side topic, but might as well end it there. Very simple:

-> Reviewers don't care, consumers don't demand it, so manufactures puts no effort. A perfect example of this is the GeForce GTX 900 series. Nvidia removed the card ability to allow the graphics card to do 16x and 32x AA, while previous card had the option. Not a single reviewers mentioned it (or even cared to noticed), why? Probably because AMD Radeon card never support it, so reviewers has nothing to compare it to, so they skip it.

How did pc's without integrated graphics output a display then?

How did pc's without integrated graphics output a display then?

You installed a dedicated graphics card, obviously.