Windows 7 Black Screen

Go to solution Solved by The Official Czex,

Graphics card driver crash? Update drivers.

Hi,

I have just watercooled my PC and I'am getting a black screen either when I start up windows, which seems to have stopped and I am also getting it when I try to play a game. It will let me spawn in MW2, but then after a couple of seconds and then the screen will go black. I can still hear things, but I am using Razer Kraken 7.1's which are linked to my MoBo. I can hear that a window will pop up with thechime of an alert that windows has.

Please, any answers are helpful since I have been trying since 7:10am this morning.

Thanks.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Thank you. That was my guess. I have a 780 and I have used the latest driver as well as 358.50. Do you have any reccomendations or is it just a trial and error?

Thank you. That was my guess. I have a 780 and I have used the latest driver as well as 358.50. Do you have any reccomendations or is it just a trial and error?

Isn't 361.43 the latest? Also, did you check PSU connections or reseat anything?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Moved to Troubleshooting.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch