Eddie's Gaming PC Build

Go to solution Solved by N64CUBE,

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTt7K8
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTt7K8/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($279.99 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($114.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($337.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($119.75 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Extreme Video Card  ($678.89 @ B&H)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case  ($142.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: LG WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($49.88 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM (64-bit)  ($130.59 @ OutletPC)
Total: $2305.04
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-27 00:30 EST-0500

http://amzn.com/w/QEE947PKTF9X

Hi there! I'm new to the linus tech tips forum, and I wanted to say hello. I'm a hobbyist PC Builder, who has alot of spare time. I have never truely built a PC from scratch, and I want a decent rig for games like COD Black Ops 3, GTA 5, and fairly demanding games. I'm open to any suggestions on what to buy for my build, I'm maxed for a budget of 700$ maximum a month, meaning I'm going to be building as time goes on. Please be honest, and remember my price limit for suggestions of my gaming build. Thanks!

-Eddie

UPDATE: New link for PC Part builder users http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3mFswP

"After all that I've done.... You still want to give me mercy?"

"Don't sweat it, *Insert Character name here.* I'm sure that everyone's tried to kill the kid at least once."

Welcome to the forum, Eddie. Assuming that that is your real name.

Welcome to the forum, Eddie. Assuming that that is your real name.

It is, technically, meaning my true name is Edward.

"Don't sweat it, *Insert Character name here.* I'm sure that everyone's tried to kill the kid at least once."

Hi there! I'm new to the linus tech tips forum, and I wanted to say hello. I'm a hobbyist PC Builder, who has alot of spare time. I have never truely built a PC from scratch, and I want a decent rig for games like COD Black Ops 3, GTA 5, and fairly demanding games. I'm open to any suggestions on what to buy for my build, I'm maxed for a budget of 700$ maximum a month, meaning I'm going to be building as time goes on. Please be honest, and remember my price limit for suggestions of my gaming build. Thanks!

-Eddie

Try using PCPartPicker.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Try using PCPartPick

Updated! Here's the link right here

-Eddie

Use PCPP (PC Part Picker)

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

Ummm, that list is way over $700

I know that it's way over 700. But the build will be done PER MONTH. Parts will be bought PER MONTH, meaning that my max will not be reached during this time- being the most expensive part here is the GPU, but I appreciate you caring for my budget.

-EDIT-

Overkill? Huh. I still believe that it will be future-proofed aswell, meaning I can game on fairly modern titles.

I know that it's way over 700. But the build will be done PER MONTH. Parts will be bought PER MONTH, meaning that my max will not be reached during this time- being the most expensive part here is the GPU, but I appriciate you caring for my budget.

Ohhhh okay. Still overkill though. I'll make a more reasonable list for you. Any color theme you want? Monitor? Keyboard and mouse? Anything else I should know?

Ohhhh okay. Still overkill though. I'll make a more reasonable list for you. Any color theme you want? Monitor? Keyboard and mouse? Anything else I should know?

The color theme itself is Black and Blue, matching my already bought Keyboard and mouse. I also have already purchased a monitor for it- Well, it's more of a TV. Still, it's going to be a monitor, as I don't care about lag on the tv, as it's on GAME mode.

The color theme itself is Black and Blue, matching my already bought Keyboard and mouse. I also have already purchased a monitor for it- Well, it's more of a TV. Still, it's going to be a monitor, as I don't care about lag on the tv, as it's on GAME mode.

Mmmmm, I'd upgrade to a 1440p monitor later on. Whether you buy it or not, I'll include in the list, just so you have a good link. Now, one last question, do you play CSGO? Yes, this is related to parts picked.

Mmmmm, I'd upgrade to a 1440p monitor later on. Whether you buy it or not, I'll include in the list, just so you have a good link. Now, one last question, do you play CSGO? Yes, this is related to parts picked.

I do play CS:GO, thank you for asking.

I do play CS:GO, thank you for asking.

Okay, that helps in monitor decision surprisingly. Thanks, I'll get to it.

Also, I don't recommend buying parts separately in case one is defective. Save your $700/month until you have enough.

Do you really need 6tb of storage?

In reality, that 1tb ssd is all you need.

Also, I don't recommend buying parts separately in case one is defective. Save your $700/month until you have enough.

Do you really need 6tb of storage?

In reality, that 1tb ssd is all you need.

Well, I have alot of games. Also, the Windows 10 is mostly because I can't find any consumer versions of windows 7 on the market. Pro for the most features out of 10.

Well, I have alot of games. Also, the Windows 10 is mostly because I can't find any consumer versions of windows 7 on the market. Pro for the most features out of 10.

But 6tb of games? That's crazy amounts of storage...

Windows 10 is cool, just confirming that you actually wanted the pro version

But 6tb of games? That's crazy amounts of storage...

Windows 10 is cool, just confirming that you actually wanted the pro version

True. This pc is mostly futureproofing, I guess you could say.

True. This pc is mostly futureproofing, I guess you could say.

Future proofing is very tough. Most of the time it is in vain. Instead, leave room for gradual upgrades.

Future proofing is very tough. Most of the time it is in vain. Instead, leave room for gradual upgrades.

Thank you for the suggestion, then.

Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($119.75 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Extreme Video Card  ($678.89 @ B&H)
Power Supply: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.99 @ Amazon)

Thank you soo much!

Thank you soo much!

No problem. Good luck with the build!