My Pc needs to be quiter

techtuesdays711

Hi i wanted to know if there was any way to make my acer pc quieter without having to buy stuff

Slap some noctuas on it

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

what?

Noctua is a company that makes uber-quiet fans

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Hi i wanted to know if there was any way to make my acer pc quieter without having to buy stuff

Well... without having to buy anything... that makes it a bit tough.

The best recommendations that I can give would be:

1: lower your fan speeds through the motherboard UEFI, the slower a fan spins the quieter it is.

2: clean your PC, dust buildup prevents airflow and insulates the heatsinks and causes higher temperatures and louder fans b/c they have to spin faster to cool

3: move your PC farther away from wherever your seating location is, possibly with a sound barrier(aka, wall, soft fabrics, foam, ect...) between you and the PC.

cant afford it

i wonder if i could get money for doing nothing. oh wait i cant. clean ur pc and lower the fan speed.

Well... without having to buy anything... that makes it a bit tough.

The best recommendations that I can give would be:

1: lower your fan speeds through the motherboard UEFI, the slower a fan spins the quieter it is.

2: clean your PC, dust buildup prevents airflow and insulates the heatsinks and causes higher temperatures and louder fans b/c they have to spin faster to cool

Yep, and you also can use software like msi afterburner for your gpu. But apart from that do what Maxxtraxx said 

i wonder if i could get money for doing nothing. oh wait i cant. clean ur pc and lower the fan speed.

i mean i want a new i7, but i dont want to pay for it. a car would be nice too, and a house.  B)

its a pre built pc im assuming. it might not have the ability to do fan curves through the bios. your best bet is to buy low noise adapters for you fans if those will even work with your motheboard. the next best option is to use noctua fans or something. or if your mother board is a standard layout itx, atx, matx then upgrade your case to a real case so you have better air flow. 

for your situation there really isnt a free option since your bios probs doesnt alow custom fan curves

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

its a pre built pc im assuming. it might not have the ability to do fan curves through the bios. your best bet is to buy low noise adapters for you fans if those will even work with your motheboard. the next best option is to use noctua fans or something. or if your mother board is a standard layout itx, atx, matx then upgrade your case to a real case so you have better air flow. 

for your situation there really isnt a free option since your bios probs doesnt alow custom fan curves

man fuck your i5, mine is fucking shitty oc. 4.7ghz 1.44vcore. man some bs. 1.3vcore wont even run with 45multiplier, nor 44. ffs the whole world has fucked me

man fuck your i5, mine is fucking shitty oc. 4.7ghz 1.44vcore. man some bs. 1.3vcore wont even run with 45multiplier, nor 44. ffs the whole world has fucked me

i can do benchmarks at 5ghz sometimes i need arounr 1.5v to keep it stable. but unfortunatly for me i riped a pcie slot of my last motherboard and the one i got 2 days ago was doa. then my os corrupted so ya.

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

i can do benchmarks at 5ghz sometimes i need arounr 1.5v to keep it stable. but unfortunatly for me i riped a pcie slot of my last motherboard and the one i got 2 days ago was doa. then my os corrupted so ya.

i feel a bit better. any idea how much my cpu lifespan will be shortened if i run my cpu at 1.4vcore?

i feel a bit better. any idea how much my cpu lifespan will be shortened if i run my cpu at 1.4vcore?

almost none. i ran my i5 2500k at 4.8 ghz for 4 years and its still running strong

what tempatures do you get?