No signal to monitor from GPU

Yesterday I received all the parts I needed to build a new PC.. I put everything together yesterday afternoon and powered up the pc, all of the fans spun (including the gpu and cpu fan)   but there was no video output from the HDMI cable connected to the back of the gpu. I then proceeded to try using a vga cable connected to the motherboard and there was still no video. I then hopped onto some forums and tried various steps from them such as removing ram and reseating the graphics card. Nothing was working until I completely removed the graphics card, when it was removed I was getting a signal from the motherboard to the monitor. I took advantage of this and proceeded to install windows 10. I then installed all of the drivers I could from the driver discs and attempted to install the most recent drivers from nvidia for my gtx 960, the nvidia drivers would not install though because the graphics card was not connected and therefore the install software could not detect it. I have tried multiple times since then to start the computer with the graphics card connected but I am still experiencing the same problem as I did initially.

My Part list can be found here: uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/qGfGpg

Any help will be appreciated!!

I HATE COMIC SANS!!!

"I take great pride in my humility" -Me

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1614 ($629 with sales)
  • Games owned: 126
  • Games played: 111 (88%)
  • Hours on record: 3,483.3h

• 2 weeks later...

As long as the GPU is installed, the motherboards on board graphics will be disabled. That is why when you have the GPU in you wont get a signal from the mobo. Try leaving the GPU out and going into the bios using on board graphics then set the primary display output (probably under the peripherals tab) to be the on board graphics. Save and turn off the computer. Then install the GPU and try to boot into windows. If it works then the GPU should be detected allowing you to install the drivers.