ASUS X99-A USB3.1 - Fourth RAM slot (D1) not detecting any RAM.

wyattzx

First off, I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, whether or not they celebrate it.

I got a new 5820k, ASUS X99-A USB3.1, and a kit of Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM (4x4GB 2800mhz) today. After installing the new board, CPU and RAM, I noticed that it was only detecting 12GB of RAM. Through process of elimination, trial and error, and so forth, I narrowed it down to the far-most-right slot on the board's first channel (A1B1C1D1 -- D1) RAM dimms will not be detected when in this slot, and when run with only that slot filled, the motherboard throws up an error 53 code, and won't even POST. Here are the things I've tired:

• Updating the BIOS.
  • Using a different RAM DIMM for D1. (All four were tried)
  • Verifying that the RAM kit is on the QVL for the board. (It is.)
  • Resetting the BIOS.
  • Using the XMP profiles for the RAM. (Just for the hell of it.)
  • Populating different RAM slots for various configurations. (Half the time the PC wouldn't even POST when I did this.)

I'm throwing my arms up, and calling this a board with a dead slot, and I plan to RMA it this Monday. However, I figured it would be best to consult you guys, as maybe I'm missing something. Google returned zero definitive results, too. The only thing I haven't tried is reseating the CPU.

Thoughts?

dead slot, damn.

I hate when shit doesn't work out on X99, it's so nerve racking since it's 600+ dollars.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Dude,now you got me scared... I got an ASUS X99 PRO/USB 3.1 so I hope all works for me once I set it up

dead slot, damn.

I hate when shit doesn't work out on X99, it's so nerve racking since it's 600+ dollars.

Dude,now you got me scared... I got an ASUS X99 PRO/USB 3.1 so I hope all works for me once I set it up

So do you two think it's simply the dead slot? 

ohsZpe1.png

Does this mean anything? Or will that simply show up, based on the model number / RAM itself? It shows up as 12GB in Windows as well as the BIOS though.

Lastly, can you explain this, and tell me of the two, which I should trust?

G4EYtcu.png

Q7cuaqO.png

Windows displays the chip at 2.87ghz, with a max of 2.9ghz, but CPU-Z and the BIOS show 3.6ghz. 

Wait it's saying its running in quad channel so it's detecting SOMETHING

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE