X61 Kraken no CPU Fan Detected?

Zach99

Hello,

I just got the NZXT X61 Kraken today and installed it in my PC a few minutes ago. I am using an i7 4790k and an asus z97 WS board if that is important. I installed the cooler as the instructions, well, instructed me to, and I fired up the machine. I was stuck on a page that at the bottom said: "CPU Fan Error". I thought "huh", and went into the BIOS. The CPU temperature is hovering anywhere from 28-30 degrees Celsius, so I'm assuming the cooler is functioning. It does not light up as it should, but Isn't ~29 degrees what this cooler should do? All of the radiator fans are functioning normally. I plugged the two 4-pin fan headers into the first two connectors on the Kraken, and I connected the 3-pin header from the kraken to the CPU Fan header on the motherboard. I then connected SATA power, and I don't understand what I set up incorrectly. 

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

P.S. Neither of the radiator fans show up in the BIOS and are running at what sounds like full speed.

@Zach99

If your connecting the pump to the CPU header it should register the pump speed inside the BIOS, and your temps look good. To control the fans you need to have them through the CAM software.

@Zach99

If your connecting the pump to the CPU header it should register the pump speed inside the BIOS, and your temps look good. To control the fans you need to have them through the CAM software.

Thanks for replying,

That's the issue :/. I'm connecting the pump to the CPU header (the same as I did with my H100i, which I sold to a friend), but it still shows a CPU Fan Error. It won't even boot into windows 10

Thanks for replying,

That's the issue :/. I'm connecting the pump to the CPU header (the same as I did with my H100i, which I sold to a friend), but it still shows a CPU Fan Error. It won't even boot into windows 10

In the BIOS does it just register a 0rpm reading, if not make sure the low rpm isn't too low to the point where it will register the warning.

If you can't get into the BIOS you can try making the pump header to say a chassis header and put the fan onto there to get inside to see if the RPM readers are available on both the pump and fan.

In the BIOS does it just register a 0rpm reading, if not make sure the low rpm isn't too low to the point where it will register the warning.

If you can't get into the BIOS you can try making the pump header to say a chassis header and put the fan onto there to get inside to see if the RPM readers are available on both the pump and fan.

The BIOS reads N/A under all 6 fans in the "Fan Profile" window. What should I do inside the BIOS now that you know I can access it?

The BIOS reads N/A under all 6 fans in the "Fan Profile" window. What should I do inside the BIOS now that you know I can access it?

Hmm maybe reset the CMOS to see if that fixes it, the BIOS shouldn't register a no RPM on all the headers.

Hmm maybe reset the CMOS to see if that fixes it, the BIOS shouldn't register a no RPM on all the headers.

I reset the CMOS and the issue persists. I sent a ticket to NZXT with pictures and all to see if they've heard of the issue before.

Thanks for your help!

I reset the CMOS and the issue persists. I sent a ticket to NZXT with pictures and all to see if they've heard of the issue before.

Thanks for your help!

that's really odd, it sounds like a motherboarf issue more than a cooler issue since if your directly connect a fan or pump to a header on the motherboard it should read it regardless in the BIOS.