Christmas pc didn't work help

15Evan15

I built the whole thing and the monitor said power saving mode. The fans were all spinning and LEDs were on. I realized I didn't put on a CMOS mobo jumper. Do I need one? What does it come with? I don't remember seeing one.

A jumper is for when you don't have a case and you have to manually boot your PC. You shouldn't need one.

Which Graphic card you have? And are you using HDMI?

msi r7 370. The msi light turns on. The fans spin. I only plugged in a 6/8 pin connector gpu. What is hdmi

ok if its a modular psu see if it plugged in on both ends. If you have it securely plugged in on both ends. I would then see if the gpu works in another computer. If it does then try a different pci-e slot, but if you cant get it to work in another pc then I would say its doa...

msi r7 370. The msi light turns on. The fans spin. I only plugged in a 6/8 pin connector gpu. What is hdmi

you need to plug the graphic card into the monitor you have with HDMI, DVI, VGA or any other cabels

make sure your monitor is on tje correct input

swap display cables

make sure the gpu is fully connected

make sure your plugged into the gpu, not the motherboard for video

try the gpu in another computer

try another monitor

thats all i can really say as far as trouble shooting goes.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

you need to plug the graphic card into the monitor you have with HDMI, DVI, VGA or any other cabels

I plugged the monitor in to the wall, and the back of the computer on io plate. Should I take it out of the io plate and plug it In To the gpu? How do I tell if I'm using hdmi?

make sure your monitor is on tje correct input

swap display cables

make sure the gpu is fully connected

make sure your plugged into the gpu, not the motherboard for video

try the gpu in another computer

try another monitor

thats all i can really say as far as trouble shooting goes.

You be like:

How can i help somebody as fast as possible  :D

I plugged the monitor in to the wall, and the back of the computer on io plate. Should I take it out of the io plate and plug it In To the gpu? How do I tell if I'm using hdmi?

Which cabel do you using for the IO plate and yes you need to replug it into graphic card 

put in the gpu port, not in the mobo i/o

most times the iGPU of the cpu is disabled when there is an external gpu, liek the r7 370 for example

The site has changed....

You be like:

How can i help somebody as fast as possible  :D

i am on 45 minutes of sleep, and trying to catch a nap before heading off with the misses for family xmass dinner that im cooking. but... my "hey i might be able to help this guy" alarm was blaring, so theres no way i could sleep.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

hdmi-cables.jpg

This is an hdmi cable. One end of the cable must be plugged into your gpu, on the back of your computer there should be an hdmi port where your gpu is. Be sure to plug it in there and not in the motherboard as this can be why nothing is showing up. The other end of the cable has to be plugged into your monitor. There should be a port on the back of your monitor for hdmi. It doesn't matter which end goes where.

CPU: i5 4690k @ 4.5 GHZ CPU COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: Evga GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 CASE: NZXT H440 SSD: Crucial MX100 128 GB HDD: 1 TB WD Blue MOBO: MSI z97 PC MATE FANS: 6x Corsair SP120, 1x Corsair AF140 Monitor: ASUS VN247 PSU: Corsair CX600M RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance

put in the gpu port, not in the mobo i/o

most times the iGPU of the cpu is disabled when there is an external gpu, liek the r7 370 for example

Which cabel do you using for the IO plate and yes you need to replug it into graphic card

the blu cable I have plugged in on the io plate doesn't fit in the gpu. I'm not using a hdmi I don't think. I have the gpu plugged into the mobo, and I plugged in a 6 pin PCI e cable in. Do I plug in anything else?

the blu cable I have plugged in on the io plate doesn't fit in the gpu. I'm not using a hdmi I don't think. I have the gpu plugged into the mobo, and I plugged in a 6 pin PCI e cable in. Do I plug in anything else?

i guess you are using this cable, rigth? vga.jpg

MSI-R7-370-Gaming-2G-2.jpgThe golden port in the middle is where the hdmi cable should go. Make sure the cable you are using is an hdmi cable.

CPU: i5 4690k @ 4.5 GHZ CPU COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: Evga GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 CASE: NZXT H440 SSD: Crucial MX100 128 GB HDD: 1 TB WD Blue MOBO: MSI z97 PC MATE FANS: 6x Corsair SP120, 1x Corsair AF140 Monitor: ASUS VN247 PSU: Corsair CX600M RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance

i guess you are using this cable, rigth? vga.jpg

If he's using a cable like this, make sure to check if there's an adapter that came with the gpu. My gpu came with an adapter to fit the gpu.

MSI-R7-370-Gaming-2G-2.jpgThe golden port in the middle is where the hdmi cable should go. Make sure the cable you are using is an hdmi cable.

worse thing is.. that a lot of amd's cards have problem with HDMI

you will need a dvi to vga adapter, if your monitor doesnt have a dvi/ hdmi cable

31bHvdI5ILL.jpg

The site has changed....

Yeah. If anything try to get a dvi-d cable or something similar.

I'm using the blue one. Nothing came with hdmi. There is no adapter

Ok. If there's no adapter or you can't find an hdmi cable, then just take out the gpu for now and if your motherboard has onboard graphics, just plug it straight into the motherboard.

THERE IS AN ADAPTER. IT WORKED THANK YOU!!!