Going custom or Silverstone Tundra TD02

Hey.

Ive been looking on custom watercooling for a long time. Saw the silverstone tundra a couple of days ago, it fits my system well and got some nice reviews.

Is it alot of performance gain in custom vs AIO(Silverstone, Swiftech)?

Im only gonna cool my cpu from the start anyways.

And i really need a new router, new soundcard and a keyboard which i can buy with the money i save if i buy a Silverstone tundra 02. 

I suppose you will be watercooling your GPU. What GPU do you have? If you go with the Tundra, you will have to buy another cooling solution, which will be the custom loop, then you'll have to figure out what to do with the Tundra. What's your budget? 

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

AIO and custom cooling is a completely different experience. If you want to watercool go custom. If you want to have a cool CPU go for an AIO.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Save your money and upgrade your other components. Custom watercooling is quite expensive. But if you want to cool your GPU, then you'd probably have to go for it. Personally, I'd forget custom watercooling if your graphics has a non-reference cooler. The Tundra will be good enough for CPU overclocking.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

Save your money and upgrade your other components. Custom watercooling is quite expensive. But if you want to cool your GPU, then you'd probably have to go for it. Personally, I'd forget custom watercooling if your graphics has a non-reference cooler. The Tundra will be good enough for CPU overclocking.

Oh... that's an understatement... 

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Oh... that's an understatement... 

What do you mean ... ?

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

Got a evga 770 ACX SC, stays at 60 under load, which im pretty cool with.

Im not new at Computer, just asking what you guys think.

I dont rlly need gpu watercooling. I just dont know if custom got a much higher performance gain in terms of temp vs AIO. Cpu is 4570k

Got a evga 770 ACX SC, stays at 60 under load, which im pretty cool with.

You'll be fine going with the Tundra then.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

What do you mean ... ?

That custom water cooling setups are quite expensive...

I meant that was a huge understatement

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

That custom water cooling setups are quite expensive...

I meant that was a huge understatement

So I would've been more correct saying "very expensive"? Didn't really wanna scare OP away from custom watercooling :P

If you are going to go custom anyway I wouldn't worry about the TD02 and save your money

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

Im buying custom instead =] and soundcard + Corsair K70 black

yeah the money you would have spent on the TD02 can be the keyboard and soundcard

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02