mini itx case, TT Core V1 and CM Elite 110

parwita

hello guys,

which one do you prefer?

i need to choose between those two, can you give me the pros and cons?

build for :

• i3-6100
  • Stock HSF or later 1x12cm Rad Liquid Cooling
  • ATX PSU BeQuiet PP L8 500
  • GTX 960
  • Low Profile memory

I need something small but still enough air flow, thanks

(or there are other case suggestion?)

I had both of them.

Depends what you like, honestly. Elite is tiny, and I mean it. It's pretty much a shoebox. Cable management there is a pain in the ass. 

Compared to that, V1 is huge. Comes with 200 mm front fan, cable management is a breeze (I managed to hide most of them so that they're not visible through the window. Keep in mind that V1 doesn't give you much space for other fans, 2x80mm is all you can do. Also, both cases have kinda weird HDD mounts, so keep that in mind. 

Also, why not Silverstone SG13?

I had both of them.

Depends what you like, honestly. Elite is tiny, and I mean it. It's pretty much a shoebox. Cable management there is a pain in the ass. 

Compared to that, V1 is huge. Comes with 200 mm front fan, cable management is a breeze (I managed to hide most of them so that they're not visible through the window. Keep in mind that V1 doesn't give you much space for other fans, 2x80mm is all you can do. Also, both cases have kinda weird HDD mounts, so keep that in mind. 

Also, why not Silverstone SG13?

thanks Rahnie,

Elite, can the psu cable be placed on top of itself (PSU)? i mean, just remove the top bracket for the hdd / ssd, is the space enough for the cables?

V1, right is huge, but i love the 20cm fan :D and the cable management, can you post some images side by side your case?

SG13 is hard to find nowadays in my country (Indonesia) :sigh:

thanks Rahnie,

Elite, can the psu cable be placed on top of itself (PSU)? i mean, just remove the top bracket for the hdd / ssd, is the space enough for the cables?

V1, right is huge, but i love the 20cm fan :D and the cable management, can you post some images side by side your case?

SG13 is hard to find nowadays in my country (Indonesia) :sigh:

I might, as soon as I return home. After a hard year of work I've treated myself with a long Christmas break, so won't happen at least till mid-January. :P

As far as the PSU cable in the Elite is concerned - depends on the cable. I just bought a modular SFX PSU, then just cut the cable to size and plugged the mobo (AsRock Z97E-ITX AC). You might have problems if you have a non-modular PSU.

One thing you HAVE to remember with Elite 110 is that you can forget about any large cooler. Even stock feels cramped, especially with ATX PSU. I had to resort to Scythe Kozuti to achieve any good cooling there. 

Thus, if you're going to upgrade in the future to a high-powered rig - go with V1. It has its drawbacks (no fan options other than 1x 200mm and 2x 80mm), but it's really spacious, you get nice HDD cradles on the side, plenty of room for cable management and some space for larger coolers (140 mm max on CPU) - Scythe Ninja 4 fits perfectly, and so does CoolerMaster Hyper TX3. Longer GPUs are also a possibility - up to 260mm IIRC. If you really need small form - Elite 110, but be careful and check TWICE if everything will fit inside. It's seriously cramped. 

I might, as soon as I return home. After a hard year of work I've treated myself with a long Christmas break, so won't happen at least till mid-January. :P

As far as the PSU cable in the Elite is concerned - depends on the cable. I just bought a modular SFX PSU, then just cut the cable to size and plugged the mobo (AsRock Z97E-ITX AC). You might have problems if you have a non-modular PSU.

One thing you HAVE to remember with Elite 110 is that you can forget about any large cooler. Even stock feels cramped, especially with ATX PSU. I had to resort to Scythe Kozuti to achieve any good cooling there. 

Thus, if you're going to upgrade in the future to a high-powered rig - go with V1. It has its drawbacks (no fan options other than 1x 200mm and 2x 80mm), but it's really spacious, you get nice HDD cradles on the side, plenty of room for cable management and some space for larger coolers (140 mm max on CPU) - Scythe Ninja 4 fits perfectly, and so does CoolerMaster Hyper TX3. Longer GPUs are also a possibility - up to 260mm IIRC. If you really need small form - Elite 110, but be careful and check TWICE if everything will fit inside. It's seriously cramped. 

ok thanks alot, i wait for that pict from you.. lol

yea, look like WaterCooling is a must in this case..

for better performance and safety ofc, :D

if the V1 size not too much bigger, i'll consider it, aha :D