Google Drive NAS

Has Google (Or Microsoft with OneDrive) released an API or app that would allow me to set up a local Google Drive machine? Basically I want a NAS that I can mount as a Drive. My college blocks a lot of traffic like that (not sure if it would get flagged as peer to peer by Comcast either) so if I could use the Google drive front end and avoid port forwarding and all kinds of other security issues that would be ideal. I really don't feel like paying for Google Drive to store video and pictures and I like the idea of a NAS vs. cloud storage. I work between a Lenovo Y580 (mobile workstation, basically used as a tower for solidworks and gaming since I have to move between home and college for breaks and stuff) and a Asus T100 for taking to class.

Thanks

Has Google (Or Microsoft with OneDrive) released an API or app that would allow me to set up a local Google Drive machine? Basically I want a NAS that I can mount as a Drive. My college blocks a lot of traffic like that (not sure if it would get flagged as peer to peer by Comcast either) so if I could use the Google drive front end and avoid port forwarding and all kinds of other security issues that would be ideal. I really don't feel like paying for Google Drive to store video and pictures and I like the idea of a NAS vs. cloud storage. I work between a Lenovo Y580 (mobile workstation, basically used as a tower for solidworks and gaming since I have to move between home and college for breaks and stuff) and a Asus T100 for taking to class.

Thanks

I don't know if the API is public, but my university has their own google drive that lives on their storage servers, and is (as far as we can tell) not limited on a user capacity basis.

Thanks

they have google drive app

but have to manually upload files to it

if you want a offsite storage place you can download files from that will download file for you automaticallly

that will cost money

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

I don't know if the API is public, but my university has their own google drive that lives on their storage servers, and is (as far as we can tell) not limited on a user capacity basis.

Now that you mention that, mine does that same thing and the company I interned with over the summer also had a corporate file storage plan with drive so I guess you can but you have to pay for it.

Why not use something like OwnCloud hosted on your own machines.

I'll look into OwnCloud. I was also going to look at FreeNAS since everyone loves that and I think there is a NAS4Free that is an old version of freenas that is more user friendly.