help with coolant

I just put together my first loop a few months ago and used EK coolant which says it contains biological inhibitors however when i was cleaning out my PC today i noticed what appeared to be algae growth in my resicour. How can i clean this out and what should i do in the future to prevent this from happening? thanks.

i7 4770k/Maximus VII Hero/Titan X/ 500gb 850evox2 r0/1000 EVGA G2

you sure its algae?

what does it looks like?

it could be flux from not flushing your radiators before using them

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

you sure its algae?

what does it looks like?

it could be flux from not flushing your radiators before using them

it's a spot on the side of the res it's greenish and a little cloudy around the area dark in the middle. I flushed them 3 or 4 times each with hot water 

it's a spot on the side of the res it's greenish and a little cloudy around the area dark in the middle. I flushed them 3 or 4 times each with hot water 

you need to flush with deionised water, not tap water

that could be the reason

just empty your loop, run distilled water in it for a few days and clean any parts that you see algae on

also check inside your waterblocks to make sure there is no buildup

then refill it with fluid and see if it happens again

i dont think it will

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

you need to flush with deionised water, not tap water

that could be the reason

just empty your loop, run distilled water in it for a few days and clean any parts that you see algae on

also check inside your waterblocks to make sure there is no buildup

then refill it with fluid and see if it happens again

i dont think it will

Even if microbes got in through the tap water, the biocidal agent in the coolant should have killed it off.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Even if microbes got in through the tap water, the biocidal agent in the coolant should have killed it off.

yes it should have

idk why it didnt

if you want to try another coolant, mayhems has some very good premixes and concentrates

Spoiler

Here's a pic of what it looks like. post-78822-14509003672435_thumb.jpg