AMD A8 5500 bottleneck?

So I recently got a 960 and I've been playing a lot of games but it hasn't performed as well as I thought.

So here's my rig:

CPU: AMD A8 5500 Quad-core 3.2 GHz

Ram: typical 12GB DDR3 (Pretty sure it's just 1600mhz)

GPU: Zotac GTX 960 2GB Non-AMP!

HDD: WD Blue 500GB

PSU EVGA 500 W1

MoBo:90PA0550-M0XBN0 Asus M11BB  (I scrapped it from some other pre-built pc with the CPU)

I can't really tell if it's the CPU, GPU, or Motherboard that's making my computer perform pretty badly. In-game it can't handle Fallout 4 at high settings without dropping to 30fps sometimes and other games like MGS: TPP it dips to 40 fps which I think the GPU could easily handle. At first I thought it was the GPU since it's not OC and its clock isn't all that high but i don't think it should be dropping this badly. The A8 5500 seems like a decent CPU to handle these things but in games like Insurgency and H1Z1 at Medium-high it still drops to the 40s. I don't really know much about how the 960 should perform but I suspected it would be ok to handle things at 1080p high settings. I'm pretty sure it's the A8 processor, but what do you guys think? Could it just be that this isn't really that good of a setup for 1080p High settings?

check your GPU load and your CPU load

if you see 100% CPU load and very low loads on the GPU

then you got a CPU bottleneck

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

rule out the motherboard right off the bat

i dont think its a bottleneck, but simply that the cpu is weak and can't handle those AAA games, i have an AMD A10, and in cpu heavy games like ARMA III i get 30fps, while test rigs with my same GPU (r9 270x) but with an intel cpu get 50+

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

What OS?

I know the A8-5500 ain't the best CPU around but it shouldn't be that bad in TPP

Windows 8, Typically it's usually 60 fps in TPP but it drops down low to 40 fps when it's rainy or stormy for some reason. It's running at max settings

Windows 8, Typically it's usually 60 fps in TPP but it drops down low to 40 fps when it's rainy or stormy for some reason. It's running at max settings

My brother has an FX-4100 and a 7850 and it typically goes down to the low 30s in bad areas so it might be a CPU bottleneck.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

check your GPU load and your CPU load

if you see 100% CPU load and very low loads on the GPU

then you got a CPU bottleneck

I just did a quick test, seems like the cpu is always running at 80% load and gpu is typically at 70% load. would that be the CPU bottlenecking?

I just did a quick test, seems like the cpu is always running at 80% load and gpu is typically at 70% load. would that be the CPU bottlenecking?

a slight bottleneck

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

a slight bottleneck

nvm actually, CPU runns at 100-90% most of the time O.o looks like my CPU is the bottleneck :P

nvm actually, CPU runns at 100-90% most of the time O.o looks like my CPU is the bottleneck :P

yea that is correct

too bad you cant OC the CPU since it not a K series APU

thou you can only lower particle effects and set details to low to get the fps up

yea that is correct

too bad you cant OC the CPU since it not a K series APU

thou you can only lower particle effects and set details to low to get the fps up

Alright, thanks for the help.