Whats considered ok hdd temps

Tweakforce_LG

Ok so my pc's hdd is reaching 4 years on time and still is at 100% health with no S.M.A.R.T errors yet, no bad sectors (to what i know of, possibly reallocated a few if it has) but usually the hdd stays at 39c all the time, but lately its become summer and the hdd climbs slowly from 34 to 41c over the period of an hour. Then sometimes it will reach a peak of 45c. The max smart reports its ever ran in its life time was 50c. Smart predicts a bit over a year left in this hdd before risk of failure. Is this peak 45c safe and reasonable for summer bearing in mind the pc does nit have an intake fan. But for the last few years it has stayed at good temps. Anything you guys recommend or should it be good? Btw the pc was brought 2nd hand by me in late 2013 and the hdd must have been installed in 2012 or so for it to be approaching the 4 year mark

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

Like 50-60.

Once I did a massive 1.2TB copy on my External drive (My Passport), and it reached max of 71 degree. It went to normal after the process.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

In general good temps for HDD are below 60C your temps are good and nothing to worry about.

Yellow warning and critical warning on smart are different for each model of drive, mine says that i should keep an eye on it above 43c witch it reaches often and is critical above 50c so im concerned, hdd is good now but since its aging i want to keep it in good conditions. Had a wd scorpion almost fail on me today when it turned 8 years old, still goes but an absolute heap of weak and bad sectors but idc about that hdd

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

Yellow warning and critical warning on smart are different for each model of drive, mine says that i should keep an eye on it above 43c witch it reaches often and is critical above 50c so im concerned, hdd is good now but since its aging i want to keep it in good conditions. Had a wd scorpion almost fail on me today when it turned 8 years old, still goes but an absolute heap of weak and bad sectors but idc about that hdd

Scan the drive if there are bad sectors they should be marked off and not used in the future, a good program to visually see this is HD tune, but if you start to notice a steady trend of them coming up it would be a very good idea to backup and get a new drive.

If you want to extend the life and keep it as cool as possible adding a fan near the drive cage to give it a bit of incidental airflow is never a bad idea.

I know very little about HHD however if it was me I would backup what I wasn't willing to loose and replace. I would even maybe use the old drive as storage for less important things.

Thats just what I would do. You could be told by every forum user that your drive is safe and not to worry but, you will still have that niggly feeling telling you that its going to fail. If you can replace it. My drives run hot too but I have two fans blowing at them and they make no noise I can hear.

I know very little about HHD however if it was me I would backup what I wasn't willing to loose and replace. I would even maybe use the old drive as storage for less important things.

Thats just what I would do. You could be told by every forum user that your drive is safe and not to worry but, you will still have that niggly feeling telling you that its going to fail. If you can replace it. My drives run hot too but I have two fans blowing at them and they make no noise I can hear.

Well im building a new pc with new drive some time next year and by its status now, no bad sectors detected then it should be fine through 2016

HDDs are usually semi-passively cooled by your intake fans. Since intake fans use room air, its only natural that temps go up when room temp rises. Like said, your temps are fine. My drives have been up to 55C when it was hot here. Now in winter time they are just ~30C (my floor is cold).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

HDDs are usually semi-passively cooled by your intake fans. Since intake fans use room air, its only natural that temps go up when room temp rises. Like said, your temps are fine. My drives have been up to 55C when it was hot here. Now in winter time they are just ~30C (my floor is cold).

Ahh yea i know but i dont have an intake fan lol thats why it will go to 45c and its summer. I have a pc fan taped to the front hooked to usb (quieter than full speed pwm) and it stays at 43c. Dont wanna install the pc fan in the pc case bc it has no speed control so will sound like gushing wind (arctic cooling f12). On usb 5v its quiet and adiquet. I dont know why SMART is warning me about the temps as shown in the picture below.c5123dc39c292f9a4d9be873842369d6.jpg