CODE keyboard, Cherry MX Clears.

AraSarkisyan

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/code-87-key-mechanical-keyboard.html

Anyone have any experience with clears? How are they when compared to greens, browns, and blues? Should i pick this up over a shine 3? I really need another ten keyless KB because i literally take my Ducky everywhere, so I need a new KB for home use. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Yeah that too, I'm not sure on the actual force needed to actuate each but the clears do feel similar to greens. But I've only got a little keyring with a few different switch types and never actually used them on a keyboard before.

65G for the actuation and 55G for the spring

D: if only I had the money; I do feel I'd type pretty loud on this anyway considering I type near the noise level of a mechanical on my membrane...

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I have a keyboard with MX Clear switches on the modifiers/F-Keys. Many people say it's just a bit heavier than browns, but I can assure you that's not the case. Its actuation is 55cN, but it quickly jumps up to a bottoming out force of 100cN. MX Clears have the heaviest spring of all Cherry switches.

The switch itself also has a longer travelling distance than browns, making the tactile bump more pronounced.

Because of the switch's actuation force and high bottoming out force, MX Clears are commonly referred as the "membrane switch" of mechanical switches.