Temperatures for msi gs70?

RaymondL

Hey guys im going to be getting a MSI GS70 Stealth Pro with the following specs:

• Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ Quad Core Processor
  • 17.3" Full HD Screen
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM
  • 128GB SSD + 1000GB HDD
  • Dedicated GeForce GTX 970M 3GB Graphics
  • USB3 | HDMI | DisplayPort | Bluetooth
  • SteelSeries Backlit Keyboard

However im worried about if there will be any temperature issues when i do heavy gaming?

I need this laptop because im always on the go and would a light portable laptop containing the gtx 970m within my budget but i want to know if there will be any heating issues?

Thankyou!

Desktop-CPU:Intel Core i7 6700GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITIONRAM:16GB (4x4) HyperX DDR4 2400mhzPSU:Corsair CX750HDDSSD: 1.5TB SANDISK ULTRA 2 SSD, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD 1TB BlueCase:GAMERMAX ONYXGigabyte H170M-DS3H

Laptop(MSI GS70 Stealth Pro)-CPU:Intel I7 4720HQGPU:Nvidia GTX 970MRam:8GB DDR3Storage:1TB HDD+128GB SSD

I had the older version of the laptop with the 765m, and there was not any throttling issues these. I can't remember the exact temperatures off the top of my head, but they did not cause any issues. The fan speed was quite high to keep it cool however (disabling turbo boost in non cpu intensive games helps quite a bit).

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Hey guys im going to be getting a MSI GS70 Stealth Pro with the following specs:

• Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ Quad Core Processor
  • 17.3" Full HD Screen
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM
  • 128GB SSD + 1000GB HDD
  • Dedicated GeForce GTX 970M 3GB Graphics
  • USB3 | HDMI | DisplayPort | Bluetooth
  • SteelSeries Backlit Keyboard

However im worried about if there will be any temperature issues when i do heavy gaming?

I need this laptop because im always on the go and would a light portable laptop containing the gtx 970m within my budget but i want to know if there will be any heating issues?

Thankyou!

thats a really old version... get the new one with the skylake cpu.

Mobile i7's have been pretty much the same for a while now. The gpu is the more important factor in gaming, and a 970m is pretty much the best gpu you can fit into that form factor.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Mobile i7's have been pretty much the same for a while now. The gpu is the more important factor in gaming, and a 970m is pretty much the best gpu you can fit into that form factor.

but the new model has the nmve drive.... not ssd. Also some models have the 6gb version. I got my gs70 from xotic pc...

The skylake version is way out of my budget :/ i want to get it as soon as possible and i heard theres not much performance difference

Desktop-CPU:Intel Core i7 6700GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITIONRAM:16GB (4x4) HyperX DDR4 2400mhzPSU:Corsair CX750HDDSSD: 1.5TB SANDISK ULTRA 2 SSD, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD 1TB BlueCase:GAMERMAX ONYXGigabyte H170M-DS3H

Laptop(MSI GS70 Stealth Pro)-CPU:Intel I7 4720HQGPU:Nvidia GTX 970MRam:8GB DDR3Storage:1TB HDD+128GB SSD

The skylake version is way out of my budget :/ i want to get it as soon as possible and i heard theres not much performance difference

yea with the extra stuff i ordered my total was about 2400... not cheap

yea with the extra stuff i ordered my total was about 2400... not cheap

Is there really that much of a difference between the skylake version and the haswell version?

Is there really that much of a difference between the skylake version and the haswell version?

cpu power.... just a little, but with the nvme drive your computer will be much faster. You also get ddr4 ram so its 2400mhz in that laptop. Really up to you if the difference is worth it. I should get mine soon. I got custom laser eching done for it took longer then normal.