Titan X?

I know that the Titan X and the GTX 980ti are basically the same, the 980ti being slightly less. In what situations would investing in the Titan X be beneficial? (in a single card setup)

Windows 10 is now MSX! http://linustechtips...ndows-10/page-6 ....................

When youve literally got $1000 burning a hole in your pocket :P

Or youre dared to do and dont wanna look like a pussy.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I know that the Titan X and the GTX 980ti are basically the same, the 980ti being slightly less. In what situations would investing in the Titan X be beneficial? (in a single card setup)

In a situation where you will need more than 6GB VRAM, which for gaming is...non-existent yet.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Unless you need 12gb of Vram (99% of people dont) get a 980ti and then use the extra $300 to buy a nice SSD, some more ram or watercool your 980ti or something. Or just save the $300 and be happy with your purchase

CPU i7 4770k (4.5ghz OC) | CPU Cooler Swiftech H220-x | GPU 980ti G1 Gaming (1562 mhz) | Mobo EVGA z87 Stinger | RAM 16gb Kingston HyperX Beast 1866mhz | PSU EVGA 850w B-2 | Storage Seagate 2tb hdd 7200rpm(main storage) & Samsung 840 EVO 250gb (boot drive) | Case Corsair 250D

It makes sense if you ah... no... wait... nah. Titanx is a waste of money

I don´t really know what your damn problem is... I guess your name says it all, doesn´t it ;) ?

The Titan X was released way before the GTX980Ti or R9 Fury X was released and for all people that wanted the big Maxwell and full GM200 chip, this was the card to go with. At this point, unless you want to skip Pascal until Volta, I´d suggest not to buy the Titan X, because to enable that card´s full potential it is necessary to add custom watercooling. You can get the GTX980 Ti cheaper and an out of the box better OCer.

I bought the Titan X because I was tired of my GTX980 3way SLI. Shitty scaling and too much hassle overall. So I wanted something more powerful to drive my 4K displays at home. That´s why I ended up buying the Titan X right away on release day. Of course I am a super enthusiast and I´m most of the time on the bleeding edge of technology, but I think I´ll go with Pascal again with an EVGA Classified over a reference board. IMHO it is worth the wait.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling