Iphone 5 ios 9.2.1 public beta review

Yongtjunkit

I have my daily driver iphone 5 running ios 9.2.1 public beta( which I know I'm not supposed to do) for a few hours and I'm liking it because it address my issue in ios 9.2 which is laggy on my iPhone 5 especially when playing asplalt 8.

Here is a video when I'm using my iPhone 5 to play asplalt 8. ( You may not see the lag because the lag shown in the video is slightly different from ios 9.2.1)

http://www.twitch.tv/yongtjunkit/v/29733667

And here's after I've updated to ios 9.2.1 public beta.

http://www.twitch.tv/yongtjunkit/v/31077336

But eventhough it fixes my concerns in ios 9.2 it has 1 drawback for me

- battery life is worse than usual.

Overall

Ios 9.2.1 for me would rock solid stable for me but since it's a beta I can't 100% recommend installing ios 9.2.1 public beta on your daily driver ios devices. Unexpected things may happen if you install it on your daily driver ios devices.

Should you install iOS 9.2.1 public beta on your daily driver ios devices?

It actually depends( see below)

-If you willing to try it out eventhough the risk is high then go ahead but it's at your own risk as Its a beta stage and I shall held no responsibility if there's an issue using ios 9.2.1

- if you don't want to sacrifice some issues which can be difficult to fix them then I recommend waiting for the final version.

Here's a screenshot that I legitimately using ios 9.2.1

2b359d4cb0f1c73e9122361f3af08e73.jpg

This is my first post in the member review section, eventhough I've read the guidelines for this section I'm not sure if this is appropriate.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Can you elaborate about the kind of lag after the update?

I'm pretty interested about that.

Also, i am pretty sure the battery life issue is a bug and they will fix it once it comes out :D.

Can you elaborate about the kind of lag after the update?

I'm pretty interested about that.

Also, i am pretty sure the battery life issue is a bug and they will fix it once it comes out :D.

When you ask Siri to open youtube you can see that youtube is launching in background but Siri takes a while to exit. Stuttering ( not really visible)during app launch and game play such as asplalt 8 is also also a factor here that ios 9.2.1 fixes. The lock screen doesn't respond making me pressing on the home button and the sleep/ wake button and it take a screenshot. The lag regarding about the time about 1 second late seems to be fixed when comparing my iPhone 5 running ios 9.2.1 time to my ipad air time running ios 9.2.

Update: apparently ios 9.2.1 still have some lags in aspalt 8, probably due to I'm using low power mode and the battery were at 1% or probably thermal throttle

Update: apparently ios 9.2.1 still have some lags in aspalt 8, probably due to I'm using low power mode and the battery were at 1% or probably thermal throttle

Or it being Beta [emoji4]

low power mode throttles both the cpu and gpu so I wouldn't be surprised to see lower performance. 

Im still at 9.1.

Sssh... Cydia...

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.