CPU Hitting 99-100 while gaming

rockla

i5 4690 and GTX 970 the ambient temp is 24C and CPU hits 70 when loaded and while playing games like AC Unity , Witcher 3 it hits 99-100% quite frequently should i be worried about ?

its normal

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

do you have the stock cooler?

try reapplying thermal paste, and also do you have adequate airflow?

derp i realized its at 100% load not 100c temperature

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

its normal

What? Hitting 100c with a i5 while gaming is not normal. In fact, its far from normal. OP, check your cooler's thermal paste and if that doesn't fix it, you may have a faulty sensor.

if its load, then everything is fine

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

70c is a bit high. AMD CPU's  max safe temperature is 63 C. I assumed intel CPU's are around that range also. Perhaps you should consider getting an aftermarket cooler. My cpu is an eight core fx 8320. In all my games, the highest load i have seen was like 60% when I was playing GTAV with every setting crank up to max

its normal

EDIT: FUCK IT SAID PERCENT USAGE NOT TEMP

AM SORRY VERY SORRY <3

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

What? Hitting 100c with a i5 while gaming is not normal. In fact, its far from normal. OP, check your cooler's thermal paste and if that doesn't fix it, you may have a faulty sensor.

OP is talking about his utilisation not temps. His temps are fine

I haven't played AC Unity but it's a CPU heavy game so I guess it's normal. In The Witcher 3 if you get 100% usage in cities and villages that's fine. You shouldn't see as high CPU usage in other areas though.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

70c is a bit high. AMD CPU's  max safe temperature is 63 C. I assumed intel CPU's are around that range also. Perhaps you should consider getting an aftermarket cooler. My cpu is an eight core fx 8320. In all my games, the highest load i have seen was like 60% when I was playing GTAV with every setting crank up to max

intel has a TJmax of 105C

it is not recommended to run them for extended periods of time above 85C

70C is very safe

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I haven't played AC Unity but it's a CPU heavy game so I guess it's normal. In The Witcher 3 if you get 100% usage in cities and villages that's fine. You shouldn't see as high CPU usage in other areas though.

Really? My cpu usage is 45-60% when playing withcer 3 on max setting O.o

Really? My cpu usage is 45-60% when playing withcer 3 on max setting O.o

Go to Novigrad and you'll hit ~100% on all cores. Unless your GPU is the bottleneck.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

Go to Novigrad and you'll hit ~100% on all cores. Unless your GPU is the bottleneck.

My GPU hits 100% easily on witcher 3 and GTA V. My CPU never seems to on any of my games though. I check out youtube videos review and benchmark. It seems like 8 core FX never approaches 100% on their tests as well. 

Yeah i have seen some people not even hitting 60% with AC unity