Powerpoint

jond1122

Hi, I am doing a project for school and I want to make my PowerPoint stand out from the others. Anyone know some cool tricks? 

Yes, it is PowerPoint 2013

-Not to much text

-Easy readable text

-Visualize things ( use many pictures )

-Not to much text

-Easy readable text

-Visualize things ( use many pictures )

Thanks, will do!

snip

Don't use 5-hour long transitions that just waste time and make you look like an idiot who just figured out how to use windows movie maker.

I've had that person in my class.....

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Don't use 5-hour long transitions that just waste time and make you look like an idiot who just figured out how to use windows movie maker.

I've had that person in my class.....

OMG yes, I have had that person in my class too. I don't want to look like an idiot, because I actually have a YouTube channel, and do video editing so people will start do doubt me... lol

When I make slides, I make the points on slides short sentences or topics. You should never be reading straight from the slide, that defeats the purpose of giving a presentation in the first place, might as well print out the damn thing and hand it to people.

Try to avoid backtracking between slides whenever possible. That messes with the flow of the presentation and is quite distracting.

Leave time for questions and/or discussion at the end. And be prepared for that. One thing you might do is practice the presentation with a family member or a friend and tell them to ask you about anything that they didn't understand.

People aren't going to remember the design of your presentation afterwards. That's for designers and professional talkers. They will, however, remember what you talked  about. So make it count.

If the class has multiple presentations and there are some before yours, pay close attention. Look at what you think they are doing wrong. Look at how they're are presenting, what kind of layouts they are using. Look at how the other students are reacting to those presentations. Learn from observing. Don't just sleep through others' presentations.

People shouldn't be there for your slides. They should be there for your presentation.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

Use theme that is same theme with your subject. Use more pictures/animation than text. When people are reading the text, they don't listen to you. Also you might want to have tablet with notes so you don't read slides and have to look there to think what to say next.

Instead of making professional looking powerpoint, make your presentation feel like you are comfortable doing it. Thats the hardest part and very few people besides those who teach as profession, can do it right.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv