How to use external mic when camera has no jack?

Vegas doesn't have auto sync features? Pretty sure Premiere does.

I don't think it does. I can't afford Premiere :(

Only plebs need claps :P

HOW TO SYNC AUDIO IN SONY VEGAS

STEP 1: Import your audio file

W3HM8S6.png

Step 2: zoom near the start of the sound for the external audio file

2wCwWW0.png

Step 3: Right click and "Trim start" before the actual start of the audio

2g6S99i.png

Step 4: Drag the external audio until it seems to match up with the internal audio

ldPRUJA.png

Step 5: Zoom in even more at a peak. I zoomed in at the start of the second bundle of peaks. Notice that the lineup wasn't perfect.

7xNmxyI.png

Step 6: Line it up so it's perfect

3HGsdn0.png

Voila. You now have perfectly synced audio that can play simultaneously without phase cancellation. All in less than two minutes. Now, what was so hard about that?

wstzPQS.png

Thanks for all you're time and effort!

Use your smartphone to record if you don't have an external recorder. Works well in a pinch.

I recommend you get this device, a Sound Devices 788T.  It's used by professionals and semi-professionals alike.

Sound_Devices_788T_SSD_788T_SSD_8_Channe

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

O

I recommend you get this device, a Sound Devices 788T.  It's used by professionals and semi-professionals alike.

Sound_Devices_788T_SSD_788T_SSD_8_Channe

Okay, I look into it!

Vegas doesn't have auto sync features? Pretty sure Premiere does.

Adobe Premiere doesn't have tools to synchronize different audio and video clips automatically, or if they've added it in the latest version I haven't seen or used it yet.  I use a plugin called PluralEyes from RedGiant.

https://www.redgiant.com/products/pluraleyes/

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

handheld-whybuy.jpg

and then you edit it into the video in post processing

which one is that?

The model is written in large text on the recorder.

I have that too

So you have the Sound Devices 788T?  Then why are you asking how to record using an external mic.  Go record some audio.

So you have the Sound Devices 788T?  Then why are you asking how to record using an external mic.  Go record some audio.

No Non I said I have that Exstension for Premiere

or just get a mic and record into your smartphone.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

Adobe Premiere doesn't have tools to synchronize different audio and video clips automatically, or if they've added it in the latest version I haven't seen or used it yet.  I use a plugin called PluralEyes from RedGiant.

https://www.redgiant.com/products/pluraleyes/

Pretty sure Premiere has it natively, since which version I don't know.

Pretty sure Premiere has it natively, since which version I don't know.

OK I found how to do it natively in Premiere, but I wonder how it will perform if it has to synchronize multiple video and audio clips that are in the same sequence.