pls help me

mynameiswag

Already have a Sony STR-DN850 but I don't think it supports Atmos

Ordering them later next month. Didn't finish building my home theater yet so I want to try them out with the finished product. If the JBLs can't keep up, should I get a couple Atmos enabled speakers from PSA? 

PSA doesn't really have any Atmos specific speakers. You could buy two or four 110sr speakers and mount them from the ceiling. Or even have your builders recess them into the ceiling and point the tweeters toward your seats.

I also can't tell if Atmos/DTSx is just a fad that isn't really going to take off. It's new with only about 10-15 movies on blu-ray that actually support it at this time. Definitely gaining popularity........ but I'm holding out on this particular tech.

My next purchase is likely an OLED tv. The wife surprisingly approves of it. Neither one of us approves of the price though  :)

PSA doesn't really have any Atmos specific speakers. You could buy two or four 110sr speakers and mount them from the ceiling. Or even have your builders recess them into the ceiling and point the tweeters toward your seats.

I also can't tell if Atmos/DTSx is just a fad that isn't really going to take off. It's new with only about 10-15 movies on blu-ray that actually support it at this time. Definitely gaining popularity........ but I'm holding out on this particular tech.

My next purchase is likely an OLED tv. The wife surprisingly approves of it. Neither one of us approves of the price though  :)

This list is enough to make me use Atmos. Don't think my receiver supports it though.

Yeah OLED tvs look sexy as hell but nearly $2000 for 60'

EDIT: There's like a hundred movies that support Atmos on that site HYPE

EDIT 2: I CAN FINALLY WATCH DISNEY'S BRAVE IN 7.1.4 SO HYPD

This list is enough to make me use Atmos. Don't think my receiver supports it though.

Yeah OLED tvs look sexy as hell but nearly $2000 for 60'

EDIT: There's like a hundred movies that support Atmos on that site HYPE

EDIT 2: I CAN FINALLY WATCH DISNEY'S BRAVE IN 7.1.4 SO HYPD

Haha there's something you gotta watch out for... theatrical releases in Atmos doesn't help you at home. For example, Ant-Man was shown in Atmos in theaters. The blu-ray does not provide an Atmos track. The list you gave are theatrical releases... not disc releases. Inside Out is another example. The blu-ray only had 7.1. Plus if you are a fan of digital copies, then you will probably be waiting for Atmos support for another 3 to 5 years. Not to mention your streaming device has to support it as well. I don't see Microsoft and PC manufacturers bringing Atmos support for another decade by my estimation.

Atmos is a tough decision.

Haha there's something you gotta watch out for... theatrical releases in Atmos doesn't help you at home. For example, Ant-Man was shown in Atmos in theaters. The blu-ray does not provide an Atmos track. The list you gave are theatrical releases... not disc releases. Inside Out is another example. The blu-ray only had 7.1. Plus if you are a fan of digital copies, then you will probably be waiting for Atmos support for another 3 to 5 years. Not to mention your streaming device has to support it as well. I don't see Microsoft and PC manufacturers bringing Atmos support for another decade by my estimation.

Atmos is a tough decision.

Just realized atmos doesn't fit my budget  :D either way I can wreck my house with the speakers.

Just realized atmos doesn't fit my budget :D either way I can wreck my house with the speakers.

Haha definitely. You can always upgrade later. I suspect PSA might make slimmer speakers for ceilings if atmos becomes a little more popular.

I'll see if I can post any pics from my setup so you can get an idea of relative size. PSA speakers are theater grade stuff!

Prepare to be blown away.