Upgrade CPU or GPU first?

So I'm figuring out what I want for Christmas, and just in case I don't get what I REALLY want, I'm forming a tech Christmas list as backup xD. So I was thinking either CPU or GPU. I currently have a 270x and i3-4150. I know that the GPU would usually be the best to upgrade, but I play a lot of CPU-Intensive games like Cities Skylines, Fallout 4, and GTA V. I'm also most likely gonna upgrade my memory since Cities Skylines uses 5 of my 8gb, literally consuming all avaliable RAM. Was also thinking about upgrading my 128gb SSD to somrting bigger. So, do you think over the next year or so, would I benefit most from upgrading?

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz | Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC MATE | GPU: MSI R9 270x | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury Red | Storage: ADATA SP600 128GB / WD Blue 1TB | PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ | Monitor: Acer S220HQL Abd 21.5" | Audio: Logitech Z213 Speakers | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma | PCPartPicker Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v8FNmG

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, mod please move if it is.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz | Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC MATE | GPU: MSI R9 270x | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury Red | Storage: ADATA SP600 128GB / WD Blue 1TB | PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ | Monitor: Acer S220HQL Abd 21.5" | Audio: Logitech Z213 Speakers | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma | PCPartPicker Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v8FNmG

So I'm figuring out what I want for Christmas, and just in case I don't get what I REALLY want, I'm forming a tech Christmas list as backup xD. So I was thinking either CPU or GPU. I currently have a 270x and i3-4150. I know that the GPU would usually be the best to upgrade, but I play a lot of CPU-Intensive games like Cities Skylines, Fallout 4, and GTA V. I'm also most likely gonna upgrade my memory since Cities Skylines uses 5 of my 8gb, literally consuming all avaliable RAM. Was also thinking about upgrading my 128gb SSD to somrting bigger. So, do you think over the next year or so, would I benefit most from upgrading?

cpu. since cities skylines is a cpu intensive game.

gpu is fine if you think so... what resolution are you playing on and are you ok with the fps you are getting?

you're good on the memory, 3gb is still a lot. as long as it doesnt reach 8gb....

nah, you good with the section. dw.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

cpu.

gpu is fine if you think so... what resolution are you playing on and are you ok with the fps you are getting?

nah, you good with the section. dw.

1080p, with no plans to go higher. My FPS is OK, 30 as the lowest, 55-60 as the highest usually. But I tend to get a lot of stuttering (FO4 and Cities Skylines, etc.), which I believe is from CPU or RAM. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1080p, with no plans to go higher. My FPS is OK, 30 as the lowest, 55-60 as the highest usually. But I tend to get a lot of stuttering (FO4 and Cities Skylines, etc.), which I believe is from CPU or RAM. Correct me if I'm wrong.

probably from ur cpu, shitty cpus cause stuttering on cpu intensive games. but then again you are in shitty situation because you shouldnt buy low end cpu, because price to performance sucks, so buy 4460 on discount after christmas, and then if you have money get better gpu. its better if your pc (in this case basically cpu and gpu) are balanced. i made the mistake, i bought gtx 970, and my cpu is amd a10 6800k apu. so while gaming cpu is 100%, gpu usage is about 50%(cant play with good graphics or fps sucks), so now i bought better cpu so i can use all the power from my gpu... so dont make that mistake.

Its not the ram, I can tell you that.(unless its like at 1033)  I would get a better CPU/motherboard, an i5 would do you better. A gpu would be good, IF you had a cpu to back it up, other wise like what I had before, the upgrading of the gpu will just cause stuttering to be more noticeable. Average FPS will increase but the stuttering is more noticeable.  

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

its not the ram. its the cpu if it stutters in cpu intensive games.

if you're ok with your fps, then i would upgrade the cpu 

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Its not the ram, I can tell you that.(unless its like at 1033) I would get a better CPU/motherboard, an i5 would do you better. A gpu would be good, IF you had a cpu to back it up, other wise like what I had before, the upgrading of the gpu will just cause stuttering to be more noticeable. Average FPS will increase but the stuttering is more noticeable.

True. Do you think skylake is worth it at this point? I'm not planning on OC'ing, and would prefer not to upgrade my Motherboard because I mean, mines fine and I'm not OC'ing. Is skylake really worth it, and also worth a new mobo?

True. Do you think skylake is worth it at this point? I'm not planning on OC'ing, and would prefer not to upgrade my Motherboard because I mean, mines fine and I'm not OC'ing. Is skylake really worth it, and also worth a new mobo?

And the new DDR4 RAM hahaha

There's no need to go Skylake if you have a motherboard with an 1150 socket. For Cities Skyline and Fallout 4 if you want the best possible 1150 experience get the 4770 or 4790. I just picked up a 4790k and it's night and day better than the i5 I had.

If anyone asks you never saw me.