What Razer mouse would you recommend

CALBIX
Go to solution Solved by JaSoN_XzIoN,

As someone who uses a Naga daily, they are extremely comfortable (for me at least) and the side buttons is handy in almost any game. That being said, unless you are into tinkering and DIY, don't get one. I had to replace all 3 buttons, (LMB, RMB and scroll click button) with buttons from cheapo Logitech that was similar to the nagas. Scroll click lasted almost a year, and the other 2 I replaced last week after 2 ½ years

I would like to know witch Razer mouse you guys use or would you recommend them?

I would like to know witch Razer mouse you guys use or would you recommend them?

None

aP0qrIP.gif

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

Dont worry I'm joking, most of them are pretty good.

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

If you must have a razer mouse, deathadder or maybe the new mamba tournament.

i use a deathadder, and i like it, havent had a problem with it yet

if you need alot of side buttons, i guess you could get a naga

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

They're good in design and all, but the razer mouse I purchased in march broke in 5 months. A couple of my friends also got razer mice a couple months after I did, and had them die too. I would wait a little bit before you buy them, hopefully they have better quality then.

My guess is some of the newer models might be better right now, I hear they are shipping some new models.

One of my friends dropped his mouse on the floor (maybe like a 4 foot drop, he had the abyssus) and one of the mouse buttons cracked and fell off. That's how shit the build quality was. My mouse button cracked while I was trying to clean it, (I had a deathadder) and later it broke off. Also my other friend's mouse button just stopped working out of nowhere. (naga)

I guess their mice buttons are just shit.

Why Razer? Please tell me you have a discount coupon or something. I can't think of any other why you would want to limit your choices to only Razer.

That said, DeathAdder is popular for a reason. The Diamondback is too expensive for what it is; they are basically moneygrabbing for the handful of people who loved that shape. The Mamba is their wireless offering; it should tell you something when their "tournament edition" is wired. I recall that Abyssus had some issues. Ouroboros looks hideous and doesn't fit anyone. Haven't heard much about Taipan. Naga is useful for limited use cases only.

I have owned 2 Razer mice: the original Krait and the original DeathAdder. The former I gave away to a friend, but last I checked it was working. The DeathAdder broke on me within a year of buying it (double click issue, was common for that mouse). Meanwhile, both my IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 and Zowie EC1 still work and have been with me far longer than the DeathAdder was (2 years for the Zowie, 6+ for teh IME3.0).

And personally, I don't like their business practises. They released the Chroma line at a higher price (which is normal) and then discontinued the non-Chroma versions. And then they released a non-Chroma DeathAdder that is only available when ordered directly from Razer.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

If going for a razer mouse I've found the Deathadder is a great option, but you're limited by only having 2 additional buttons (fine for FPS). If you want more buttons there's the naga (has a few variations with different button layouts etc), but I would look at other mice before nailing down razer as the brand for you.

Logitech, mionix, corsair, steelseries, zowie, finalmouse and many others have fantastic products with certain aspects better than razer's offerings (like premium feel, better sensors, different ergonomics etc).

Go try some in person or order a bunch off a site with a good return policy and send back the ones you don't like.

as much as i'd like to jump on the razer hate bandwagon, i'm gonna stay away from senseless brand hate and instead come with facts:

- i spent two years in college, and as the "power squid guy" i hung around a lot of people with laptops, and thus mice. every mouse i've seen die was razer.

- i've never used any razer product myself, hence i cannot recommend for or against it.

- mice are 100% personal preference.

go to a store that has a few on display and grope them, fondle the details, give them a gentle squeeze to feel how firm they are.

feel how they sit in your hand, are they too big, too small, or just right?

--innuendo aside, you cannot pick a mouse without knowing how it sits in your hand.

The Naga works for every kind of game except those 2d arcade games, There are just so many benefits to having 12 side buttons that I pretty much can't use any other mouse because I'd feel hindered without them.

Works amazing in WoW since no left hand reaching across the keyboard.

Saves lives in FPS games since you just press your thumb to switch to any of your weapons.

You don't have to take you hand off qwer to use a health pot or whatever in MOBAs.

Any sandbox game that requires the 12 keys at the top is ez pz (aka minecraft, terraria or whathaveyou).

Why would you want to use anything else.

Spoiler

as much as i'd like to jump on the razer hate bandwagon, i'm gonna stay away from senseless brand hate and instead come with facts:

- i spent two years in college, and as the "power squid guy" i hung around a lot of people with laptops, and thus mice. every mouse i've seen die was razer.

- i've never used any razer product myself, hence i cannot recommend for or against it.

- mice are 100% personal preference.

I'd add info to my hate. :D

I've had 2 razer products in the past and both broke within 2 years of use and they were from their old lineup which were supposed to be better in terms of quality.

The scroll wheel on my old Abyssus began squeaking after 2 months of use. Then the LMB wore out and it started double clicking. Not to mention how they managed the screw up the otherwise good sensor - it had an abysmal high LOD and jitter on mousepads like the QCK. 

A friend of mine got a Blackwidow Ultimate and a Deathadder Chroma and they both broke within six months.

It's hard for me to suggest a Razer product anymore as they focus more on gimmicks like the whole "Chroma" thing.

OP, tell us what your preferences are and what grip you are using. 

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

I'd add info to my hate. :D

I've had 2 razer products in the past and both broke within 2 years of use and they were from their old lineup which were supposed to be better in terms of quality.

The scroll wheel on my old Abyssus began squeaking after 2 months of use. Then the LMB wore out and it started double clicking. Not to mention how they managed the screw up the otherwise good sensor - it had an abysmal high LOD and jitter on mousepads like the QCK. 

A friend of mine got a Blackwidow Ultimate and a Deathadder Chroma and they both broke within six months.

It's hard for me to suggest a Razer product anymore as they focus more on gimmicks like the whole "Chroma" thing.

i'll add something about logitech:

i use my peripherals quite roughly. my keyboard gets hammered by my aggressive typing style, my mouse gets beat around, falls off the desk, etc.

over time, the only real issue i've had with logitech mice is the scrollwheel, over time, starts to be a bit "off" as the clicky part and the sensor part are seperate components, and they can get mis-aligned.

with my old logitech MX518 i had a pretty standard procedure to re-align this mechanism, and to re-lubricate the wheel, as i'm in a dusty enviroment, and that dust REALLY gets everywhere...

EDIT: should add my MX518 took longer to misalign the first time, than it took my other daily driver - a cheapo HP mouse - to become nearly un-usably bad.

pls no Razer

I've never had any tech product break on me, but somehow I've owned 3 broken Razer products  <_< (I treat my stuff pretty well)

I'd personally recommend the G303/G402

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

As someone who uses a Naga daily, they are extremely comfortable (for me at least) and the side buttons is handy in almost any game. That being said, unless you are into tinkering and DIY, don't get one. I had to replace all 3 buttons, (LMB, RMB and scroll click button) with buttons from cheapo Logitech that was similar to the nagas. Scroll click lasted almost a year, and the other 2 I replaced last week after 2 ½ years