New build, need opinions and thoughts

salecar3

1. Budget & Location

I live in Serbia, but for convenience I'm putting prices and stuff in $us.

Budget is 500$ and not all prices are same here so there aren't all same. Parts.PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($89.99 @ Micro Center)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 70.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Micro Center)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($59.98 @ OutletPC)

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.98 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R7 370 2GB PCS+ Video Card ($113.98 @ Newegg)

Case: Raidmax Vortex ATX Mid Tower Case ($38.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($47.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $460.89

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-18 17:03 EST-0500and ni mail in rebates here

2. Aim

Pc will be used for lots if stuff,gaming,gona get into audio editing with audacity,maybe video editing,doing adobe software such as photoshop, illustrator, flash and more, 3D modeling with solid edge,browsing and heavy multitasking bicuse I like having Skype, music and probably something alse in the background.

3. Monitors

I already have a 19 inch 1440x900 monitor and no need for getting a new one or replacing this one.

4. Peripherals

I have peripherals and no need for any new one's.

5. Why are you upgrading?

Its a 9 year old machine with 11 year old Athlon 4200+:)(older than some forum members). This way i can do stuff properly and be productive for once.

Case will be raidmax vortex v4

And lc power 600w psu with over 18+A current and its efficient.

Maybe any changes and opinions are welcome.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($99.99 @ Micro Center) 

Motherboard: MSI H81M-E34 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($51.97 @ OutletPC) 

Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.97 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($202.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($55.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $491.79

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-18 17:28 EST-0500

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Have you used audacity before? I think it's the best of the free DAWs by a margin but it's still really, really bad. Most basic audio inputs come with some free DAW software, so that could be an option. 

If you make a post contradicting mine that doesn't directly address my claims, or cites 'facts' without evidence, I'm probably not going to bother responding to it, because you probably didn't bother reading my post properly, and because life is too short. It doesn't mean I don't have an answer for you. It means I'm not dignifying you with a response. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($99.99 @ Micro Center) 

Motherboard: MSI H81M-E34 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($51.97 @ OutletPC) 

Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.97 @ OutletPC) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.88 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($202.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($55.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $491.79

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-18 17:28 EST-0500

I can stretch the budget with a fx and 380, the 370 is overkill and 1440x900 s o i don't find much point of getting it.

I can stretch the budget with a fx and 380, the 370 is overkill and 1440x900 s o i don't find much point of getting it.

Fx = bad (nowadays). The 4170 is the same in games as the 6300. And you never know, you might go full on gaming at 1080p in the future where the 380 would be really helpful :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Have you used audacity before? I think it's the best of the free DAWs by a margin but it's still really, really bad. Most basic audio inputs come with some free DAW software, so that could be an option.

Newer used it,want to get into it, and i could already have a lot of uses for it, if u know any good audio editing software let me know.

Fx = bad (nowadays). The 4170 is the same in games as the 6300. And you never know, you might go full on gaming at 1080p in the future where the 380 would be really helpful :P

Its not really that bad, while i3 would be better in most games i juat find fx 6 cores useful for modeling, and multitasking, and it has oc potential, if i wanted a new monitor in the future i would also get a new rig(not upgrading for a long time)

Its not really that bad, while i3 would be better in most games i juat find fx 6 cores useful for modeling, and multitasking, and it has oc potential, if i wanted a new monitor in the future i would also get a new rig(not upgrading for a long time)

Alright, let me change the list to somehow fit an FX-8350/20 in it :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Alright, let me change the list to somehow fit an FX-8350/20 in it :P

Idk what is up with my grammar today what do you find best cpu for this budget and use?

Idk what is up with my grammar today what do you find best cpu for this budget and use?

Well, if you need as many cores as possible on a budget FX-8xxx, so like in this list:

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($109.99 @ Micro Center) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($85.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill AEGIS 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($33.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 370 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($128.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $493.81
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-18 17:44 EST-0500

Plus, as you said, you will be upgrading if you go 1080p.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Well, if you need as many cores as possible on a budget FX-8xxx, so like in this list:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($109.99 @ Micro Center) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($85.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Memory: G.Skill AEGIS 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($33.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.88 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 370 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($128.98 @ Newegg) 

Case: Thermaltake Versa H21 Window ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $493.81

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-18 17:44 EST-0500

Plus, as you said, you will be upgrading if you go 1080p.

In a few years probably i like that 1440x900 isn't gpu demanding so its cool having it but its a oddball rez so you are stuck at 720p YouTube, but at least its great so i don't notice much difference between 720p and 1080p

In a few years probably i like that 1440x900 isn't gpu demanding so its cool having it but its a oddball rez so you are stuck at 720p YouTube, but at least its great so i don't notice much difference between 720p and 1080p

So yeah, that build would be good for the time being :D Plus you could overclock the 8320 with an aftermarket cooler (212 EVO for $20)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

So yeah, that build would be good for the time being :D Plus you could overclock the 8320 with an aftermarket cooler (212 EVO for $20)

yea, and ty for the help. ☺

I'm no expert with the pro grade stuff, but I tried using audacity for about a week before realising I'd need something better. It's free, so you can too if you want :). I currently use Ableton live 9 lite, cos it came with my audio input, and it's enough for my needs. I think most DAWs have 'stripped down' versions that are much cheaper than the full version, and have most of the features. Might need to go to the audio section if you want more info though, as I'm only a lowly home studio guy :S.     

If you make a post contradicting mine that doesn't directly address my claims, or cites 'facts' without evidence, I'm probably not going to bother responding to it, because you probably didn't bother reading my post properly, and because life is too short. It doesn't mean I don't have an answer for you. It means I'm not dignifying you with a response.