windows seven

napier48

I am a beginner.

i have purchased three mother boards and one used computer that i have completely renovated.

i plan on installing windows seven on all of them and keeping half with the old windows seven to play games that are not compatable with windows seven

and then download windows ten on the other half. the other half is a msi gameing motherboard. I have not purchased a windows seven disk yet.

I have learned about the boot screen and how to put cd boot as a prioraty ect.

i have two questions.

1. When i turn on the whole computer it says:

verifying dmi data.... 

boot from cd...

where do i go from here? is this just an error message, because i haven't put the windows seven disk in yet?

2. Can i just use a reinstall windows boot disk? for each computer

or do i need to buy windows with a product key?

can i use the windows with the same product key for the three motherboards

or do i have to have a product key for each one and buy windows for each one?

You CAN use the same disk for each computer. While you're required to purchase a separate license for each computer, you MAY be able to use the same key on each to activate a non-genuine version temporarily. However, this may invalidate your original key, but I am not sure how Microsoft handles this kind of "piracy".

In short, using the same CD is fine, but use different product keys if at all possible.

I am a beginner.

i have purchased three mother boards and one used computer that i have completely renovated.

i plan on installing windows seven on all of them and keeping half with the old windows seven to play games that are not compatable with windows seven

and then download windows ten on the other half. the other half is a msi gameing motherboard. I have not purchased a windows seven disk yet.

i have two questions.

verifying dmi data.... 

boot from cd...

where do i go from here? is this just an error message, because i haven't put the windows seven disk in yet?

First things first. The "verifying dmi data..." and "boot from cd..." messages are normal. These are the steps the PC goes through when boot from a boot device. For the second question, when you bought these motherboards, did they come with an OEM Windows license? If not, then you would have to purchase a license for each machine. Each Windows license is valid for only one computer.

You CAN use the same disk for each computer. While you're required to purchase a separate license for each computer, you MAY be able to use the same key on each to activate a non-genuine version temporarily. However, this may invalidate your original key, but I am not sure how Microsoft handles this kind of "piracy".

In short, using the same CD is fine, but use different product keys if at all possible.

Do not use the same license key on each computer even to get the installation working temporarily. The key would be invalid once it has been activated on another system. During the Windows installation, you are given the option to "Skip this step" when the installer asks for a product key. You can do this to temporary skip the activation. This only lasts for a short while, just to give you the time to make sure all your programs are installed and you have the entire system running stable. You can always enter the key and activate Windows after the install by going to ​Control Panel > System ​then ​Change Product Key under the Windows Activation section.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I am a beginner.

i have two questions.

verifying dmi data.... 

boot from cd...

You can use your CD to install windows on each machine using the key on one of the machines.

The other two will be 30 day trials until you get a key for the those two, Just skip the step when asked for a key.

You can buy keys online for roughly $35-$50 legitimately, do a search but be wary of fake sites.

*edit- If you own one of those multi-use keys (up to 5 uses) you can however use it on all three machines.

Just FYI since your new, you cannot mention piracy or give advice in reference to piracy in the forum see link:  CoC

(sorry mods if was backseating)

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

And just to clarify, are you installing Windows 7 on ​all of your machines? Because you said you were going to leave half of the Windows 7 machines to play games that are not compatible with Windows 7.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just FYI since your new, you cannot mention piracy or give advice in reference to piracy in the forum see link: CoC

(sorry mods if was backseating)

Oh crap, sorry about that. Upon a quick read of the CoC, it doesn't seem like we're barred from mentioning piracy, but instead are not allowed to condone or encourage it. I admit it may have looked like I was encouraging it, but i want to make clear that i do not condone it, nor was it my intention to encourage it.

To add to the conversation, DO NOT use the same product key on all systems. Use it on the one you're sure you want Windows 7 on. Using the same key on multiple systems will likely invalidate it. New keys can be bought for relatively cheap and Linux distros are free and getting more and more functional all the time.