AIO potential pump death: LGA 2011v3 vs LGA 1150

Sidiox

So my friend has a i7 5820K with an AIO 240M cooler, of which I currently forget the name, and he just messaged me about a potential pump failure. I'm going over to him tomorrow to go have a look at it. I have quite a lot of experience with air cooling but a lot less with water. He says stuff like Speedfan show 0 rpm on the CPU fan (where the pump is hooked up). Temps are sky rocketing fast after boot rising from 60s to 80s within minutes, even in the uefi

How can I diagnose this the fastest?

And I guess that the stock Intel LGA 1150 doesn't fit on the 2011v3 socket? Because since intel no longer ships the stock coolers I can't quickly replace coolers with the stock one. Does anyone know? or if its easily moddable how I could do it?

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Are his temps shooting through the roof after about a minute? does the block itself feel really hot?

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Are his temps shooting through the roof after about a minute? does the block itself feel really hot?

His temps are really high, in the 70-80s range, no thermal shutdown yet though. He immediately warned me and shut his pc down after taking some screenshots.

Updated the OP

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

His temps are really high, in the 70-80s range, no thermal shutdown yet though. He immediately warned me and shut his pc down after taking some screenshots.

Updated the OP

That could be the problem then. YOu could try listening to it and see it it makes any noise.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

That could be the problem then. YOu could try listening to it and see it it makes any noise.

Yeah but he isn't as computer savvy as me, and I'm going over tomorrow. I'm gonna listen to the pump then indeed. 

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server: