Phone vs Motherboard

Tyler2599

So I just got a new computer and I finally decided to listen to some much with my Razer Kraken Pros and noticed that the quality was way better than if I plugged it into my phone. Now the only thing I can think of is my motherboard a Gigabyte z170X gaming 7 being the reason its better but why? Full volume on the computer distorts the music but at 50 it sounds great but i can turn it up all the way on my phone no problem no distortions. Let me clarify at 50 percent on my computer is way louder than full on my phone. So why is this im not complaining but are people buying expensive headphones for there phones when actually they are a lot better on a pc if you have the right motherboard cause my old motherboard was not like this but it was a cheap one. So if someone wants to explain id appreciate it

Because the MOBO can drive the audio.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Sounds like it might be excess gain. Does that motherboard come with a sound software control center? Maybe you just need to install it?

I'm not entirely familiar with how an amplifier works, but it's a similar situation. People buy amplifiers because the computer can't supply sufficient "power" I'd say for their headphones, literally amplifying their sound.

Your phone can't supply enough power either.

Correct me if I'm way off though