Battery Drainer

Luke32800

What is a program that can drain a laptop battery asap? preferably within an hour?

The reason is not important...

What is a program that can drain a laptop battery asap? preferably within an hour?

I dont know that they make a program that does this... plus the reason kinda is important. this seems HELLA shady.

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

You do realize that battery drain depends on power usage of the system.  There isn't a software that can make a battery drain faster.  If you want to use up the battery quickly, run the most CPU and GPU intensive program you can think of, while disabling all power saving features.

If your laptop has a battery that's rated for 5 hours on average use, it may take about 2 hours for it to fully discharge on heavy use.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

I dont know that they make a program that does this... plus the reason kinda is important. this seems HELLA shady.

I remember linus was using a battery drainer to do benchmarks and i just wanted to repeat this myself...

Norton Antivirus

It looks as if the peasants have risen up, and found swords!

But their sword's look a little short, if you know what I mean!

Good! The squires need training anyway!

I remember linus was using a battery drainer to do benchmarks and i just wanted to repeat this myself...

thats just a battery benchmark...it runs intensive stuff like stress tests to drain the battery

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

thats just a battery benchmark...it runs intensive stuff like stress tests to drain the battery

Yep, it's not actually draining the battery.  It is running processes that utilize more power so that the energy inside the battery is used up faster.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Prime 95 + Furmark. Probably will kill your laptop too.

Or OCCT

Don't forget to set Power Option to High Performance.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I used some F2P game with GPS running in the background and the speakers cranked.

If you have a BOINC account, run a project like Seti@Home and your battery will drain in no time. Remember to set it to keep running on battery though, otherwise it will cease computing at a certain threshold.