stupid reviews about tech

omaroma11

alright guys I hope this has not bean posted yet I have used the search function anyways title basically says it all stupid reviews where people dont know what they are talking about. My guess is they will half be about hdmi cables anyways mine is this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132010

This guy bought an stx

first off he was installing drivers from the disc omg what a loser ik right next he was smart enough and download the drivers from the website but since it is a rar file he didnt know how to unrar it he had to call customer support to find out how to unrar the software."I'm well aware you can go get a free program to open a RAR file, which I did, on my Mac because I don't want a bunch of malware on the PC" wow just wow

Wow he hasnt used a rar file before. How has he lived.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

alright guys I hope this has not bean posted yet I have used the search function anyways title basically says it all stupid reviews where people dont know what they are talking about. My guess is they will half be about hdmi cables anyways mine is this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132010

This guy bought an stx

first off he was installing drivers from the disc omg what a loser ik right next he was smart enough and download the drivers from the website but since it is a rar file he didnt know how to unrar it he had to call customer support to find out how to unrar the software."I'm well aware you can go get a free program to open a RAR file, which I did, on my Mac because I don't want a bunch of malware on the PC" wow just wow

Yeah LOL This one right?

none.gifOutdated, don't bother

Pros: It has amazing reviews!

Cons: I'm writing this review with the STX installed in my computer, but it's not working. Why you ask? Well, first off the disc that came with the hardware isn't supported by Windows 7 and so it wouldn't allow me to install drivers.

Easy fix right? So I went to the Asus website, quickly downloaded the latest driver SO excited to hear the sound! .....Wait, I can't install it because it's a RAR rile and I HAVE never had to open a RAR rile in my life? 

I then tried to call Asus because I figured they would have a perfect solution. Well first off it was NOT easy to even find a number to call, but when I did and finally talked to a semi-rude man, he said he couldn't help me at all because he only helps Asus COMPUTER customers. That's fine, so he gave me the number for component tech support. I called them, to no avail. I received a message saying something like... "we are too busy to help you, give us your 'problem' in a two sentence explanation and we'll call you back". Of course I haven't heard from a single person!

Anyway, I honestly do not care how good this card may be. If you pay $200 for a sound card, or ANY other product in todays market, it better be able to WORK under normal operating system characteristics. 

I'm well aware you can go get a free program to open a RAR file, which I did, on my Mac because I don't want a bunch of malware on the PC. But this is so not worth the money for all the trouble i'm going through.

Asus: Don't come on here and give me a blanket statement like "We sincerely apologize for your issues....". No, just go upload a real file source for the STX sound card!

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Why is that guy buying a $170 sound card and never opened a rar file before.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

He's not even a verified buyer! Lol

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Why is that guy buying a $170 sound card and never opened a rar file before.

and he has a mac of all things

Yeah LOL This one right?

Cons: I'm writing this review with the STX installed in my computer, but it's not working. Why you ask? Well, first off the disc that came with the hardware isn't supported by Windows 7 and so it wouldn't allow me to install drivers.

Easy fix right? So I went to the Asus website, quickly downloaded the latest driver SO excited to hear the sound! .....Wait, I can't install it because it's a RAR rile and I HAVE never had to open a RAR rile in my life? 

I then tried to call Asus because I figured they would have a perfect solution. Well first off it was NOT easy to even find a number to call, but when I did and finally talked to a semi-rude man, he said he couldn't help me at all because he only helps Asus COMPUTER customers. That's fine, so he gave me the number for component tech support. I called them, to no avail. I received a message saying something like... "we are too busy to help you, give us your 'problem' in a two sentence explanation and we'll call you back". Of course I haven't heard from a single person!

Anyway, I honestly do not care how good this card may be. If you pay $200 for a sound card, or ANY other product in todays market, it better be able to WORK under normal operating system characteristics. 

I'm well aware you can go get a free program to open a RAR file, which I did, on my Mac because I don't want a bunch of malware on the PC. But this is so not worth the money for all the trouble i'm going through.

Asus: Don't come on here and give me a blanket statement like "We sincerely apologize for your issues....". No, just go upload a real file source for the STX sound card!

wut

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I've seen a lot of bad reviews 1/5 for new power supplies that turn off when not under full load and stay on 30 sec after the computer is shut down to make sure the psu is cooled off. 

But people complain about how the fan doesn't work and how they have to rma it but it still doesn't work same thing happens.

People don't seem to read manuals for things they don't understand and just expect they know everything about it.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Because WinRAR comes with a bunch of malware...

could have used ninite lol!

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Yeah LOL This one right?

Winrar is full of malware, right?

edit: the dude put his tech level to 4 stars lol

Winrar is full of malware, right?

Yup, and so is Google.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

why is this on off topic?

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

Never trust customer reviews, ever.

Seriously, go to newegg and look at some really bad PSU. I've seen reviews which rated PSUs 5 stars and said things along the lines of "it failed after one year but I didn't expect it to last even that long, so that's good". If you want to read reviews, go to proper reviewing sites (and no, Gizimodo and sites like that are not "proper reviewing sites").