Wifi signal constantly drops while bluetooth is on

Virtual01
Go to solution Solved by Bittenfleax,

So I keep trying to connect my PS4 controller to me PC using bluetooth, but every time I do it my wifi signal goes to absolute shit and cuts out every minute or so. Why does this happen? I know bluetooth can interfere with wifi but it's never been this bad. Before I upgraded to windows 10 something similar would happen where my wifi speed would drop dramatically when using bluetooth but it never cut out completely.

Drivers are up to date and everything.

You need to enable "AHF". This means when bluetooth frequencies hop (because of security reasons) it will "skip" out the frequencies with the most traffics on.

You can read more here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn133849(v=vs.85).aspx

It would be easier for you to read this than me explain due to it being fairly complex. Just search for "How do I enable AHF".

So I keep trying to connect my PS4 controller to me PC using bluetooth, but every time I do it my wifi signal goes to absolute shit and cuts out every minute or so. Why does this happen? I know bluetooth can interfere with wifi but it's never been this bad. Before I upgraded to windows 10 something similar would happen where my wifi speed would drop dramatically when using bluetooth but it never cut out completely.

Not too sure, but I'm guessing it's because they are both 2.4Ghz. Do you have other things in your room that can interfere? Such as a metal table, wooden cupboards and such between you and the computer?

It's not a race to the bottom.

Does your router and WiFi card have 5Ghz compatibility? 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Does your router and WiFi card have 5Ghz compatibility? 

Unfortunately not, and even if it did my room is way too far away for the 5G to reach

You need to enable "AHF". This means when bluetooth frequencies hop (because of security reasons) it will "skip" out the frequencies with the most traffics on.

You can read more here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn133849(v=vs.85).aspx

It would be easier for you to read this than me explain due to it being fairly complex. Just search for "How do I enable AHF".

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Got it. What should I set the value to?

Got it. What should I set the value to?

Well, that is the problem. What model router have you got?

Well, that is the problem. What model router have you got?

Some crappy Netgear N router

For the record though, setting it to 20 seems to have worked so far. I will need about an hour to see if it really works.

Some crappy Netgear N router

For the record though, setting it to 20 seems to have worked so far. I will need about an hour to see if it really works.

Okay, cool. Good luck!

Okay, cool. Good luck!

Everything is working perfectly, haven't had a single drop since I implemented the fix. Thanks a lot!

Everything is working perfectly, haven't had a single drop since I implemented the fix. Thanks a lot!

No problem! :)